love is forever 11

I look at him and try to read his face why he seems so enjoying asking me with this entire question. He must be hiding something from me. “Well first it was shocked to know that I should be marrying someone in a month time. I don’t have a boyfriend and I never know much about guys. I feel like I want to run away from home and avoid these wedding things. When I thinking about the promised they make and my parents impression I just couldn’t do it. I told myself I have to follow it no matter what happens. Maybe this guy will treat me nicely and one day we will fall in love. I just follow their quest to marry me with the unknown stranger. They know what is the best for me. I only got this necklace in token of him.” I stop for a while and stare at the sea. My fingers hold the pendant with the letter DX.

“Don’t continue if you feel bad.” He said and come closer to me.

“It’s nothing really. Its remind me of my parents. Today I celebrate my birthday without them. Every year on my birthday my mom will make a special cake for me. My dad will get me what I want for that year. I’m the only daughter they have and they spoil me a bit. I love them so much. I…I miss them very much.” I said and my eyes filled with tears and I try not to cry especially in front of him. But the sadness inside my heart wants to go out and I can’t control it and few tears drop from my face. I just close my eyes and cover my face with my hands.

I feel his hands removed my hand and wipe away the tears with his fingers. He brings me close to his chest and holds me for few minutes. I have to control my sadness and my body shake when I try to stop the crying. “Thinking about them makes me sad.” I muffled into his shirt. “Danielle just let it out if you want. Don’t keep it. You will feel much better after that.”

“It’s not good crying on my birthday.” I said to myself and let go of him. I take the tissues and wipe my face. “I guess I’m ok now. Sorry about that.”

“If you are ok then let’s eat the strawberries. Maybe it will cheer up your mood then.” He takes out the fresh strawberry with the chocolates cover all over it. My mouth become water just sees it. “Open your mouth wide.” He said. I open my mouth and he put the strawberry in my mouth and I closed my eyes and enjoy the sweet sour taste in my mouth. I knew he was watching me because there are silent. I opened my eyes and look straight into his deep blue eyes. He just stares at me. “What? Anything fall out?” I quickly put my fingers to my mouth. He faster than me and grab my fingers to stop me.

“You just mesmerize me.” He said. “The look on your face when you eat the strawberry so fascinating. It like nothing in this world you want most than those berries.”

“Danielle I want you to know that I love you.” What is going on? I said to myself. He said he love me again. My face must be confused.

“Let me explain. I run away from home to here. It is because I have to marry this girl that I never know of in a month time.” My face turns too shock. I can feel like my mouth was hanging open and stare at him. This guy is my stranger that I should get marry to?

“Dani, Danielle are you ok? You want another strawberry?” I just shocked. I moved my head slowly and my mouth still open. His finger closed my mouth and presses my lips. I was shocked. What he is thinking?

“Be careful I don’t want any fly to goes in.” abruptly I turn to laugh so hard. “You so funny, Darren.” ‘I’m right am I.” he said and laugh with me.

“So you are the stranger that I supposed to get marry to? How it happen?”

“Guilty as charged.” He said and pleads me with his eyes. “Remember when I ask your name, your full name… then you told me you supposed to married this guy in one month time? Well my mother gives me your name and picture before I come here. When I found you on the beach I see you still breathing and you look just the same like in the picture. I bring you here and wait for you to wake up. When you tell me your name I know you the one. Later you tell me about the necklace you wearing. Don’t you know what it stands for? My real name is Darren Hayden Alexander Xavier. You see this DX is stand for Darren Xavier. This is my necklace. My mother’s give it to your grandmother as a token of the promise. That time I don’t have a feeling yet for you. Now I can’t lose you. I need you to be my wife.”

I just keep quiet and play with my lips. What should I do? He confess he fall for me? I need more time to know him. Will he going to kiss me then? Many question pop in my heads. “Let have a toast then” he broke the silence between us and open up the champagne and pour in the glasses. He gives me one glass and he took the others. “Cheer.” I took the glass and say “Cheer.” I took a sip. Not so bad for beginners.

“You can only have one glass. I don’t want you to be drunk to attend your party later.” He said then put away the champagne.

“Yeah, right I still got a party to go to. I drink in it all in one time...” he come closer to my face like he going to kiss me then “hip.”  He said “stay still.” I try and again I make the noise “hip.”  He laughs suddenly. “You got a hiccup, my dear. I just try to kiss you and now I can’t do it.” He still laughs every time my hiccup comes. “It’s not funny.” I said and turn around.  “Come here drink some water and hold your breath for a while.” I took the water and then I take a deep breath and then he quickly kisses me on the lip. I was so shocked and I just sit still. Cant moved. After like a few minutes he let go and my hiccup is gone.

“Thanks Darren you just cure my hiccup.” I said and look at him. “Well I just need to kiss you that all.” He said. “I love you Danielle. Do you love me too?” he looks me in the eyes. I just stare at him then I look down.

I love to hear when he said my name full. “It difficult for me to give my heart away just like that. I know that we going to get marry soon but I need more time to know you better.”

“well take your time I don’t want to force things that you don’t like.”

“In that case I might try. You have to wait until I say the words myself. I can said it now that I love you too but I don’t mean it just say it. If you really nice to me maybe one day I will say the words myself.”

“It doesn’t matter. I will wait for that moment to come. I want you to know I really love you.” Then he goes on one knee and takes my hands. Oh no not now I’m ready yet.

“Danielle Alexis Ahern will you want to spend forever with me?” he looks me in the eyes. I’m clueless. This is the stranger that I should get marry to in few more weeks. He proposed to me now.

He takes out the ring and put it on my finger it fit perfectly. How he knows my size. Look at the ring it the most beautiful ring I ever did see. He still waits for my answer. Sooner or later I have to accept him. “yes.” I just reply and he takes me in his arms and hugs me very tight. “Darren I… I can’t breathe...” I said to him. “Sorry I’m so excited. You say yes. I never feel like this. Thanks Danielle for accept me.”

I can’t believe I’m engaged to him. That explain it all, birthday part, special picnic and all the things he buy for me. I was mean to be his wife and he keeps it from me until today.

“Darren why is have to be now? Why you not explain to me before?”

“Well at first I was still shocked that the girl that I save that day is my future wife to be. I call my parents to confirm. I can’t explain how I feel every time I with you. I watch you still loyal to the stranger that supposed to marry you even though I try to kiss you. I scared if I told you early you got shocked that you run away from me. That one of the reason why I keep you in my room I want to study you. You still stay for me and slowly you fall for me. I know you will love me back.”