l. Sweet Dreams

"Child of the moon

"Child of the moon. A child born of light. The Savior," an angelic voice whispered. I turned to the other side of my bed. "A child of the moon. A child born of light. "The savior," the voice repeated. I squirmed, trying to find a comfortable spot in my bed.

"Child of the moo-" I sat up, hitting my mattress in frustration. The digital clock on my nightstand read 11:11. "Can I ever get a good night's sleep?" I rubbed my face tiredly. The paper stars I'd cut out for art class swung from the ceiling slowly. I reached into my nightstand for a bottle of melatonin. Since sleep won't find me, I'll go find it. The doors that led to my balcony slowly opened, letting in a stream of cold air. I shivered, wrapping my pink, Hello Kitty blanket around me.

Why don't I ever lock that door? I frowned at the thought of having to get up. Then again, a lizard could crawl into my room. I stood up quickly. "Woah..." Outside, the sky was lit with a million stars that were so close, I could grab one. I absentmindedly began to walk out onto the patio.

I stood on my tiptoes and lifted my hand to the sky as if I could touch it. A cold feeling spread throughout my hand and the sky warped and rippled as if it were a glistening pool of water. My eyes grew. I put my entire hand into the sky only to feel something grab my hand from the other side.

I screamed as my body was pulled over the rail and into the sky. I held my breath as the cold sensation washed over me. And then I landed on something hard. I opened my eyes to see that I was on all fours on a rocky, gray surface.

"If you keep holding your breath like that, you'll pass out." I looked up and almost peed all over my new silk pajama shorts.

A wolf as white as snow stood in front of me, but that's not the crazy part.

Outstretched around me were millions of stars in a multicolored sky. Pieces of comet floated around, occasionally crashing into each other. I'm in space.

I don't know what to focus on more: the fact that I am in space or the huge wolf in front of me. I let out the breath I'd been holding. I spun around, taking in everything around me.

When I turned back around, there was no longer a wolf there but a tall woman with striking gray hair. I furrowed my brows.

"My beautiful Amara." She touched my cheek gently. I can't find the words to say. Her beauty is ethereal. I only stared back in awe.

Crinkles formed in her forehead, cracking her smooth brown skin. I took the time to analyze her. She had to be at least 5'8 since she stood just a bit taller over my  5'5 frame. Her eyes matched the stunning silver of her hair, and even though her hair was gray, she didn't look a day over 25. She laughed as if she had heard my thoughts.

"Let's chat for a moment." She motioned to a sitting area that looked like it had been taken straight off of a Starbucks patio. I'm positive that hadn't been there before. I sat down across from her.

Her face darkened. "Your life is about to change drastically. It'll either be for the better or worse. It all depends on the decisions you make. As your 18th birthday nears, many people and things will appear in your life. And they, too, will either make or break you. The most important thing you must remember is to follow your heart. But more importantly, do not let him fool you! Keep away from him!" she warned.

"Who?" I asked. All of a sudden, a blinding light broke the galaxy apart. She looked over at me while smiling sadly. I repeated my question. The blinding light started to flood my vision. The last thing I saw was her mouthing a word—a name.

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

𝖰𝗎𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇. 𝖢𝖺𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖺? (𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗂𝖿𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗆𝗎𝗌𝗂𝖼 𝗈𝗇 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋) 𝖫𝖾𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖺 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍!