Vlll. The Trio

☆

I slipped on my white vans and pulled my curly fro into a puff. "Woah, where are you going?" Simon stood in my doorway eating a bowl of fruit loops. I grabbed my bag and blew out the coconut scented candle.

"Out."

He blocked the door. I chuckled. "Simon. I will beat your ass like I used to do in grade school. Move." I pushed past him and started out the door.

"Be safe!" he yelled out the door. I threw up the peace sign in response. Shadow Hills is so small that almost everywhere is walking distance. My house is closest to our town's courtyard and the park.

I skipped along as The Internet played softly in my earphones. The wind had settled to a slight breeze and the sun was shining brightly in the pink tinted sky. Today seems like a good day. Moray and I had set up another meeting.

I'd taken the scrapbook home to get a closer look and found several other pictures of my identical twin. Same face, different name. It's creepy nonetheless but I can't help but wonder how it's possible. And since my grandmother is missing a few too many screws, I'm going to get my answers from Moray.

I walked into the shop seeing a few tourists and customers looking around.
Moray smiled when she spotted me. She checked out the last few customers and then hurriedly flipped the 'Open' sign to 'Closed.' She rubbed her dainty hands together anxiously. "So where do we begin?" She led me into the same room from the other night.

I took a good look around. Several wooden bookshelves filled with ancient, hardcover books. A polished wooden table sat in the middle of the spacious room. She waved her hands and a row of lamps turned on. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Since we're going to be seeing eachother, there shouldn't be any secrets. I am a witch. I prefer sorceress however."

I plopped down on the old fashioned couch. She crossed her legs sassily while looking at me. "So what are your powers? The Faith I knew had many." I made a clicking noise with my tongue.

"Well I can do this." I snapped my finger and a candle nearby burst aflame. She clapped.

"Oh yes. The ole standard. What else?" What else?

I laughed awkwardly. "Yeah that's kind of it."

"Oh." She covered her mouth while laughing.

I sat up. "So how does this even work? This whole reincarnation thing." She shuffled over to one of her bookshelves and pulled out a dusty book.

Reincarnation: The Cycles of Life

"Give that good read. I find it more confusing to explain."

I raised my eyebrows in shock. Is it really that easy? I'm finally getting answers. "Well can you tell me more about my other life?"

She straightened in her rocking chair. "What do you want to know?"

I shrugged. "Everything. I feel like finding out more about her will help me find out who I am. We can't possibly be that different," I said putting an emphasis on that.

She laughed as she stirred her tea. "Honey, Faith wouldn't have even stepped out of the house in that outfit." She playfully cringed.