XXV: Underworld Pt. 1

☆

I curled my legs into my chest at the slight breeze that ran across my legs and then turned over to continue my dream. That's when I realized that my pillow wasn't beneath my head. And I wasn't underneath my sheets. Simon. Simon ass is always playing.

"Simon you are such a-" I sat up and paused. No sudden movement. No sudden movement. My eyes widened. I couldn't stop the panicky feeling from coming over me as I realized I wasn't in my bed. No, not at all. I was floating above it.

I screamed and went crashing back onto the springy mattress. I held my chest to catch my breath. What the hell just happened? I don't think floating above mattresses was in any of the books Moray gave me.

Ezekial sat by my door watching me. "You're not afraid of that weird shit you just saw?" Ezekial purred as if answering me. My bedroom door creaked open and the small kitten wasted no time walking out.

"Ezekial," I hissed. I followed after the kitten. Instead of walking into the hallway, my feet were met with grass. Trees went on for miles around me and the sky above was lit with a million stars.

Ezekial continued to walk ahead obviously wanting me to follow him. I absentmindedly followed behind him. I'm dreaming. I have to be.

A white haired woman sat in a clearing ahead of us in front of a camp fire. Ezekial walked up to her and circled her ankles. I began to have a strange sense of deja vu. The woman laughed softly and then her eyes found mine.

Instantly, I remembered where I knew her from. I'd dreamed of her before. Tonight, she was glowing brighter than the moon or any star that lit the sky.

"Amara. Sit. We don't have much time love." I sat on the log across from her.
"The Blood Moon is in a few days and soon you'll be turning."

"Turning into what exactly?" As of right now, this woman is the only one I completely trust. I just have a feeling that I can.

"What you're destined to be." I squinted my eyes. I'd never realized how much the woman favored me until now.

"Who are you.?"

"You can call me Luna or Selene. Or maybe Diana or Artemis. All different names, but the same nonetheless."

"So am I changing into you?" She stopped rubbing Ezekial.

"Heavens no. But I am created from your essence. We are connected in ways unimaginable." I took a moment to think. "You were not born but created Amara. By God specifically."

"Created for what purpose? I know that I'm supposed to be the savior of Shadow Hills but-"

"You are more than just the savior of a small town Amara. You are the chosen savior of the universes." I thought of Elijah.

"How is killing the darkness going to solve everything? I don't want to kill him."

She paused. "Why would you kill your counterpart? You are to keep the balance together. Without each other, neither of you can exist. Am I making any sense to you? Without the two of you, all will be as dark as it once was in the beginning. Life on Earth will cease to exist in every dimension and timeline."

"I don't know if I want this." She smiled sadly.

"You and I weren't created to have a choice just a purpose."

"No. I have a choice. I will always have a choice!" She smiled sadly.

"Unfortunately, my time is up. There is someone else who must speak with you, but we will meet again." She disappeared before my eyes and in her place sat Moray.