6x12 - Like A Virgin

Bobby's Basement – Day

Dean stands with folded arms, tapping his fingers against his other arm. The panic room door opens and Castiel comes out, rolling down her sleeves. Sam lies on a cot in the panic room, hooked up to an IV.

"Well?" Dean asks.

"His soul is in place" Castiel assures him.

"Is he ever gonna wake up?"

"I'm not a human doctor, Dean" Castiel tells him.

"Could you take a guess?"

"Okay. Probably not" Castiel tells him honestly.

"Oh, well, don't sugarcoat it" Dean tells her sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, Dean, but I warned you not to put that thing back inside him"

"What was I supposed to do? Let T-1000 walk around, hope he doesn't open fire?" Dean asks.

"Let me tell you what his soul felt like when I touched it. Like it had been skinned alive, Dean. If you wanted to kill your brother, you should have done it outright" Castiel tells him.

Dean looks around the basement. Castiel is gone and Sam is still sleeping.

**********

Hotel Room – Day

Sam sighs and closes his eyes. "Castiel, um...I'm back. So, if you got a minute..."

"Sam. It's so good to see you alive" Castiel greets him.

"Yeah. You too" Castiel walks over to Sam, arms out in an attempt to hug Sam, but Sam sits down instead. "Um...look, I – I would hug you, but—"

"—That would be awkward" Castiel realizes.

"Um...was a crazy year, huh? I – I – I just talked to Bobby. He – he told me everything that happened" Sam lies.

"Frankly, I'm surprised that you survived. I was begging Dean not to do it"

"yeah. No, I – I – I can understand that" Sam stutters.

"You know, it's a miracle it didn't kill you" Castiel admits.

"Yeah. Yeah, it's a miracle, all right"

"So, how does it feel?" She asks.

"What?"

"Well, to have your soul back, of course"

"Right. Y-you mean 'cause I was walking around with no soul. Uh...really good, Cas. I'm really good. You know what? I'm – I'm just hazy on a few details, though. Um...you think maybe you could...walk me through?" Sam asks.