8x10 - Torn And Frayed

Playground – Day

Children play on the playground equipment. A woman sits on a bench, holding a crying baby. "Shh. Shh. Shh. Shh"

Castiel appears "She's been crying for two days" the woman nods "The doctors missed something. It's called an inguinal hernia – very hard to detect"

Castiel touches the baby gently on the forehead and the crying stops. There is the sound of wings and Castiel disappears as the woman is leaning over the baby.

**********

Naomi's Office In Heaven

"Castiel, we have a situation. Samandiriel has been captured"

"I thought Samandiriel was dead" Castiel tells her.

"He's been missing, and now we know – Crowley has him" Naomi informs her.

"Where?"

"His distress call cut out before I could pinpoint his exact location, but you will find him and you will bring him home" Naomi orders.

"Crowley will have warded against angels this time. I'll need help getting in"

"Take whatever you need. But you will be certain, Castiel, it was your idea to rescue Samandiriel, not mine, not heaven's. Do you understand?"

**********

Rufus' Cabin – Day

Dean is asleep on the couch, holding a bottle of beer and snoring. Castiel is standing in front of the couch. Dean opens his eyes and jumps, spilling his beer "Damn it, Cas! How many times I got to tell you – it's just creepy!"

"Dean, I need your help. The angel Samandiriel..."

"Sam—"

"He's been taken"

"You mean Alfie, the wiener-on-a-tick kid?" Dean asks.

"Yes. I, uh – I heard his distress call this morning"

"On what, angel radio? I thought you shut that down" Dean tells her.

"Well, my penance, it's going well, and I thought it was time to turn it back on. I've, uh...been helping people, Dean" Castiel lies to him.

"Well, good for you. All right. So, who snatched heaven's most adorable angel?"

"Crowley"

"I'm listening"

"Samandiriel is being held in the general vicinity of Hastings, Nebraska" Castiel tells him.

"The general vicinity? That's all you got?" Dean asks.

"Yes, which is why I need your help. It seems this is gonna involve...talking to people"

"Come on, Cas, I thought you were a hunter now"

"Well...I thought so, too, but...It seems I – I lack a certain—"

"Skill?" Dean finishes for her. Dean opens his laptop and there is a loud gonging noise from the website on the screen, busty Asian beauties. He quickly closes the laptop again "You saw nothing"

Dean opens the laptop again and the gonging noise plays again. He holds up a hand to cover the screen as he minimizes the browser "All right. What am I looking for?"

"Well, when you torture an angel, it screams..." Dean types Nebraska News, Hastings into a search engine "...and that kind of pain, it creates a ripple effect of strange incidents. Where's Sam?" Castiel asks noticing the lack of the youngest Winchester.