7x17 - The Born-Again Identity

House – Night

Dean is doing research on the laptop. He brings up the 'amazing grace helping friends' website. His phone rings. The scene alternates between Dean in the house and Mackey standing next to his truck.

"This is Dean"

"Mackey. Calling you back. Hey. Real sorry about Bobby"

"Yeah, me too"

"Look, what you called about – I might have something for you. There's this girl. She goes by 'Emmeline'. She kind of roams. First started hearing about her a couple of months back. How she was healing the sick, curing the crazy" Mackey tells him.

"Uh-huh"

"Naturally, I think something in the milk ain't clean. Find this sucker, punch her clock. Right?"

"Right"
"Heard the best way to get to her is through her husband, Damon, out in Colorado? So, I go. Tell him I'm going blind. It's true. My right eyes burnt out. He says 'Go home. She'll come'. So, I go. I set every trap, every test in the book" Mackey explains.

"That's what I would have done"

"Emmeline shows. She passes every one. There ain't nothing weird about this chick. Except...she's the real deal"

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"She touched me, and my eye was fixed. Look – I don't believe in much that don't suck your blood. But I wouldn't call you on a maybe"

**********

House – Day

Dean walks up the stairs to the front door and knocks. A man opens the door.

"Hi. Uh, is this, uh, Damon Allen's house? I'm looking for Emmeline" Dean tells him.

"Well, you find him. Damon's resting. If you don't mind"

"Oh, yeah, sure" The man steps outside and closes the door. "Um...so, I was hoping, uh..." Through the window, Dean sees a man who is bound to a chair and gagged.

He looks back at the man, whose eyes turn black: he is a demon. The demon grabs Dean and throws him against the door. "You were saying, Dean?"

"You know, I'd think twice. Or don't you know that your boss issued a hands-off memo?" Dean asks.

The Demon laughs "Please. What have you done for him lately? Roman's head on a plate? No? Whatever Emmeline is, Crowley's gonna want her – a lot more than he wants you these days. So..."

The demon starts towards Dean, who stabs it with his knife. The demon yells and light flashes from his eyes and mouth as it dies. Dean pushes the demon down the stairs as he withdraws his knife.

A woman is standing at the bottom of the stairs. Dean stares: it is the body of Jenny Novak, Castiel's former vessel.

"What was that?" She asks.

**********

Emmeline is removing the gag and ropes binding Damon. "That creature hurt you"

"I'm okay. But, Emmeline...they were looking for you"

"It's okay" She turns to Dean "I'm Emmeline" she holds out her hand and Dean shakes it.

"Dean. I'm...Dean"

"Thank you from protecting my husband"

"Your husband. Right" Dean has a vulnerable look in his eyes when he gazes at her.