8x05 - Blood Brother

Purgatory

Dean stands up after killing a monster. Benny cleans his weapon on another monster's clothing. A third monster swings a weapon at Castiel, who puts a hand on the monster's head and smites him in a blaze of light. The monster falls to the ground dead.

"Well, I got to admit, Dean – she's got her strong points, but holy hell if she ain't a magnet" Benny tells him.

"Well, before we found Cas, you said it was my humanity that was drawing too much attention"

"Yeah, that too"

"Well, I think we're clear for the moment. It does present a curious curl in the metaphysics, doesn't it? If you murder a monster in monster heaven, where does it go?" Castiel asks.

"And this is the crazy aunt I want to take on the road?" Benny asks, sarcastically.

"I'm not your aunt" Cas tells him.

"What? Really?" Benny asks, sarcastically.

"I have no possible relationship to your sibling offspring" Castiel doesn't get the sarcasm.

"Now, you're kidding me"

"Oh, you two are killing me" Dean tells them.

"I have to agree with the vampire, Dean. The risk of crossing Purgatory with a seraph – it's...less than strategic, and certainly when we have no reason to believe that I can pass through the door that you're headed for" Castiel tells him.

"You see, you're an intact, living human being stuck in Purgatory's craw. This dimension wants to spit you out, which is exactly what's gonna power our escape pod. Now, I'm pretty sure I can squeeze through, too, because, after all, you take away the fangs and the fun, I was born human, too. But..."

"I don't think it would work for me" Castiel finishes for him.

"You hear what she's telling you, Dean? Your buddy is saying—"

"Listen to me, you undead blood junkie, I'm the one with the mojo. I'm the one with the plan. Cas...we're gonna shove your ass back through the eye of that needle if it kill all three of us" Dean tells them.

"Obviously, I'm less than comfortable with that" Benny comments.

**********

"What the hell do you know about the value of life? You're a vampire" Dean, Benny and Castiel are walking through the forest.

"Yep. And I think we both know which of our kinds kill more humans"

"Well, statistically speaking, that'd be your—"

"Yes, thank you, Cas" Dean cuts her off.

"I get it. You're worried what I might do if we make it topside. I'll start eating your little piggies. I already told you, man – by the time I got iced. I was strictly on blood transfusion, donated blood. Not donated to me, I'll give you that, but I paid good black-market scratch for it"

"So, what is that? Like the vampire Zone diet?" Dean asks.

"Look, all I'm saying is I started seeing something in humanity, okay? Something that shouldn't be taken. I drink blood. I don't drink people"

"And why the hell should I believe you?"

"Why does it matter what you believe? You got your head so far up your ass, Dean, you don't even realize we're already done for. The angel knows it. we are never gonna make it with her next to us glowing like a beacon" Benny tells him.

"Do I need to remind you of our deal? Of what you committed to?"

"She is gonna get us killed" Benny insists.

"We may get to test that theory" Castiel cuts them off.

"More monsters?" Dean asks her.

"Leviathan"

"Why don't you blip out of here?" Dean asks.

"They're too close. I can't. Run" She tells them.

**********

Dean, Benny and Castiel run through the forest. Something hits the ground near Dean in a cloud of thick black smoke. They stop. The smoke clears and a mass of black goo transforms into a leviathan.

"Oh, great" Dean mumbles.

The leviathan moves towards Dean. Castiel heads in the opposite direction, but another missile of black smoke hits the ground in front of her and becomes a second leviathan.

Dean swings at the first leviathan with his weapon. The second leviathan throws Castiel to the ground. Dean hacks again at the first one, who is down. The second one's mouth transforms. Benny cuts off its head and gives Castiel a hand to pull her up.