6x17 - My Heart Will Go On

Abandoned Restaurant

"Hello? Hello?" Dean calls out.

Atropos stops time and turns the gas dials open on several stoves. "Hello?" Dean's flashlight dies "Oh, come on"

"You got a lighter?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Okay" The lighter doesn't work.

"Oh, come on. It's out of juice or something?"

"It shouldn't be" The lighter finally sparks and the gas catches fire. Castiel yanks Sam and Dean out of the warehouse just before the ignited gas reaches them.

**********

Forest – Night

"Cas!"

"Hello, Dean. Sam"

"hey, thanks. Where are we?" Sam asks.

"White Russia"

"What?!"

"Are you aware of what your frat bro did?" Dean asks.

"I'm aware. Balthazar can be impetuous" Castiel tells him.

"Well, riddle me this – if fate's going after the boat people, why'd she try to waste me and Sam?" Dean asks.

"Well, I imagine she harbors a certain degree of rage toward you"

"What did we do?" Sam asks.

"Nothing of import – just the tiny matter of averting the apocalypse and rendering her obsolete. I think maybe she's a little irritated about that. And then you go and dangle yourselves in front of her..."

"So we've pissed fate off personally" Dean comments.

"If I know her – and I do – she won't stop until you're dead" Castiel tells them.

"Awesome. So what do we do?" Dean asks.

"Kill her"

"Kill fate?" Sam asks.

"Do you have another suggestion?"

"No, I'm – I just mean, uh...can you even do that?" Sam stutters.

"Balthazar has a weapon that will work against her" Castiel explains.

"Of course, he does. Yeah. Boy, that guy's just got it covered, doesn't he? You need new friends, Cas" Dean tells her.

"I'm trying to save the ones I have, Dean. We'll have to draw her out"

"All right, well, uh, she's gunning for us. She's bound to surface again eventually" Sam says.

"We'll make it easy for her. I think you have an expression for it. Tempting fate" Castiel says.

**********

Sidewalk – Day

A huge air conditioner falls out of the building Sam and Dean are passing and looks like it will crush them. Time stops. Sam and Dean are still directly under the falling air conditioner. Castiel approach them.

"Castiel" Atropos greets her.

"Atropos. You look well"

"I look like stomped-over crap, because of you"

"All right, let's talk about this" Castiel offers.

"Talk? About what? Maybe about how you and those two circus clowns destroyed my work. You ruined my life" Atropos accuses her.