8x23 - Sacrifice

Bus Stop Bench

Castiel is sitting next to Metatron. "What was he like?" She asks him.

"Who? Oh, god? Mm, pretty much like you'd expect" Metatron sighs "Larger-than-life, gruff, bit of a sexist. But fair – eminently fair. The Nephilim was a monster, Castiel"

"And the next trial?"

"Across the street. His name is Dwight Charles. I've been listening in on the angel radio. Cupid frequency, actually. And he is the next on their list"

"Their list?" Castiel asks.

"To do the horizontal mambo. Slap bellies" he sighs when Castiel still don't get it "To find love"

"Oh. Yes" they watch Dwight sweep the front steps of the bar he words at called "Doc Marley's Cocktails"

"Well, that. He's slotted to be dinged by Cupid's arrow within 24 hours, which is good for us, because the second trial is retrieving cupid's bow" Metatron explains.

"No killing?" Castiel asks relived.

"No killing" Metatron assures her.

**********

Naomi's Office

The angel Nathaniel walks into Naomi's office and stands a few feet from her desk.

"What is it, Nathaniel?"

"One of our freelancers has reached out to us. He's found Castiel"

"Where?" Naomi asks.

"A drinking establishment in Houston, Texas. And..."

"What?"

"He says Castiel was not alone" Nathaniel informs her.

"Who was she with?"

"By the description, I – I think it was him – the scribe"

**********

Doc Marley's Cocktails

Castiel and Metatron sit at a booth inside the tavern. Castiel is reading a newspaper.

"What are you reading?" Metatron asks her.

"Personal advertisements" Metatron looks at her confused. "The faster that man finds love, the faster the cupid will come. Trust me. I'm friends with friends who do this for a living"

Dwight walks over to where Castiel and Metatron are sitting "Help you?"

"Yes. Would you say that you're looking for, uh, a partner in crime...or, uh, someone who's into nurse role-play and light domination?" Castiel asks.

"Girl, it's 10 a.m. on a Tuesday"

"Uh, we'll have two drafts please" Metatron orders.

"Coming up" Dwight walks away from the table to get their order.

"You're not the most subtle tool in the shed, are you?" as Metatron says his last word he is snatched up from his seat by a male angel. As Castiel stands up she sees two other angels, both female, standing behind Metatron and one of them is Naomi.

"Kill her" Naomi orders. The other female angel starts to walk towards Castiel with a serious look of intent to follow the order on her face.

Dwight fires a shotgun and everyone turns to look at him and you see bullet holes in the jacket of the male angel who only holds the arm adjacent to the shoulder hit. Dwight cocks the gun and gets ready to fire again "next one won't wing you. Take it someplace else"