bad overpopulation jokes

What felt like hours went by as Peter and Karen went through tens of hundreds of trials, every last one of the, being wildly unsuccessful

What felt like hours went by as Peter and Karen went through tens of hundreds of trials, every last one of the, being wildly unsuccessful. Finally, after trial two hundred and fourth six ended up being a completely failure, Kennedy set aside her pain and stumbled up to her feet, walking up to the time lock with her hands across her chest as irritation flooded her entire body.

"Move, Parker," said Kennedy firmly. "It's my turn."

"What? But you're injured!" Peter exclaimed only to quickly change his attitude when he saw the unimpressed glare take over her face. "Y'know what? Never mind, you go ahead!"

For about thirty seconds, Kennedy grappled with the time lock, having to stand on her tippy toes as Peter, who retreated back down to the concrete, watched. As Kennedy worked, she exchanged a few numbers with Karen, who understood everything the girl was talking about while Peter watched, completely baffled by the numbers and equations flying out of Kennedy's and Karen's mouths while they worked, Kennedy's fingers flying across the small control panel, her tongue lolling out slightly.

"Alright, Karen," said Kennedy confidently. "It should open now."

"Initiating trial 247."

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Woah -- you did it!" Breathed out Peter, looking at Kennedy in admiration.

Blushing, Kennedy had to turn away, unwilling to let Peter see the effect his compliment had had on her. "It was nothing," she said, wishing she hadn't had such a strong reaction to his words as well as completely surprised by it. "They don't know simple coding."

Slowly but surely, the concrete slabs barricading the Damage Control Vault began to slide apart to reveal blinding white lights of an indoor loading area. Huge trucks moved in and out of the area, some loaded to the top with cargo whilst others were empty, shouts coming from men across the area as they shouted directions and orders to both drivers and workers loading up the trucks alike.

"Scout, c'mon, we've gotta go - the bomb's in Ned's backpack!" Peter cried out, already beginning to swing forwards to exit the warehouse.

"Right, the bomb," Kennedy said rather wobbly as she stumbled forwards, a sudden rush of nausea flooding her stomach as it bubbled up from the pit of it.

"Do you - " Peter paused uncertainly, turning around mid swing to face Scout, "do you need help?"

"No," said Kennedy forcefully, screwing her eyes shut as she willed the sick feeling to go away before opening them once more, squinting, still slightly disoriented. "We need to get the bomb before it goes off."

"Yes," Peter nodded, still staring at her in concern. "Let's get on the truck, yeah?"

"Yeah."