say you wont let go

Police sirens wailed loudly in the quiet night, the far off whir of helicopter blades chopping through the air echoing distantly in the sky as lights filled the far off beach where the plane had crashed, the authorities had arrived

Police sirens wailed loudly in the quiet night, the far off whir of helicopter blades chopping through the air echoing distantly in the sky as lights filled the far off beach where the plane had crashed, the authorities had arrived. Slowly dying flames flickered feebly as smoke continued to rise into the air while megaphones blared with orders, flashlights flickering on and off as security teams scoured the beaches for a source of what had happened, sifting through the debris. Happy Hogan himself shone his own flashlight everywhere, paling dramatically as he took in Adrien Tomes, completely webbed up as a piece of paper fluttered in the wind next to him, signed by none other than Peter Parker and Kennedy Stark themselves.

"How're you gonna get out of this one?"

Long gone from the scene on the beach, Kennedy and Peter had fled not long after they collapsed into the sand, knowing it was best if they hadn't stuck around for much longer. Perched on top of the Cyclone roller coaster, the two had watched from afar, waiting for the authorities to arrive. Once they did, the two teens took off, walking down rooftops across the city, talking and joking lightly as if nothing had just happened, although their appearances begged to differ. As their laughter died down slightly, Peter turned to Kennedy and asked her the real question, both knowing fully well that Tony Stark was very likely to be furious with his daughter when he found out what had happened that night.

"In Legally Blonde, Elle won her case because she was true to herself and dressed cute," shrugged Kennedy as their walking slowed, the distant city noises from below traveling up to the top of the rooftops. "I can relate to that so I should be completely fine."

"Kennedy, this is real life, not an excellent movie."

"If it was an excellent movie... you would've gotten your dance."

"What?"

Flushing, Kennedy completely froze to the rooftop as Peter turned to give her a baffled look, his light eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he took a step closer to her, looking rather concerned. Meanwhile, from far below, coming from a distant shop on the street, the beginning notes to the love song Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur floated up, with Kennedy involuntarily shivering as a cool night breeze blew, ruffling her completely destroyed dress.

I met you in the dark, you lit me up

"Your dance," said Kennedy, biting her lip as she looked down. "With Liz. I know you really like her. If we were in an excellent movie... then you would've gotten to dance."

You made me feel as though I was enough

"Liked," Peter corrected and, as Kennedy glanced up at him in mild surprise, his cheeks flamed red. "I -- I realized that we're probably better off friends. The whole thing with her dad trying to kill us?" He laughed awkwardly, running a hand through his horribly disheveled hair. "I wouldn't be able to deal with the awkward holiday dinners after that."