typical stark

"That's Liz's dad?"

"That's Liz's dad?"

Standing within the shadows brimming at the edges of the interior of the dark warhorse, Kennedy whispered quietly to Peter, her voice disbelieving. Lights flooded the center of the warehouse, which was completely empty and bare except for a small workbench in which a white man sat, his white, greying hair slicked back as he tinkered with some sort of machinery within his hands, looking innocent behind belief, but Kennedy knew firsthand what the man who masqueraded as Big Bird was capable of.

"I can't believe your crush, the girl you went to Homecoming with," continued Kennedy quietly, "is the daughter of a man who dresses up as a Sesame Street character and shoots people."

Peter shot Kennedy a look. "Let's just finally get rid of him, okay?"

"Yeah," smirking, Kennedy took a slight step backwards, gesturing for Peter to go forwards, knowing he had taken her words rather personally. "You go first, it is your future in law after all."

Not even bothering to give Kennedy a snarky retort, most likely knowing that she would always have the better comeback, Peter stepped forward, his dress shoes that he had originally worn echoing softly on the cracked, grey concrete floor, Kennedy only about half a step behind him as they both entered the light. However, the man, Adrien Tomes, didn't even flinch, not giving off a single signal that he had heard his two foes enter.

"Hey!" Shouted Peter loudly, demanding his attention. "Surprised?"

"Oh, hey, Pete," Adrien said nonchalantly, as if Peter had come over for dinner as he shifted, glancing back slightly. "Didn't hear you come in. See you brought your buddy Stark with you -- you'll want to watch out for her kind, they don't play nice."

"You bet I don't," Kennedy snapped. "Not with people like you!"

"It's over," Peter added, his voice echoing across the spacious warehouse as he and Kennedy stood about twenty feet away from Adrien. "We've got you!"

"You know, I gotta tell you, Pete... " Adrien began slowly, fiddling with pieces of some sort of machinery in his hands, but Kennedy couldn't quite make out what it was. "I really, really admire your grit. I see why Liz likes you. When you first came over to the house... I wasn't so sure. I thought, "really?" But, I get it now."

"How could you do this to her?" Peter's voice shook slightly as he demanded it.

"To her?" Echoed Adrien in surprise. "I'm not doing anything to her, Pete. I'm doing this for her."

"Yeah?"

"Pete, you're young. You don't understand how the world works."

"But I understand that selling weapons to criminals is wrong!"