Chapter 38

(Author's Note: IMPORTANT. So, I've published a new story, called "Your Daisy", and I really hope you like it. Thanks to all the people who will read it. I love you. As always, tell me what you think in the comments! They really make me happy ♡)

Taylor wakes up to an empty bed. The weak rays of the sun filter through the slightly ajar windows, flooding the room with just the right amount of light. When the smaller girl fully opens her eyes, she realizes that she's no longer sleeping on Karlie's chest. However, a tiny smile lights up her face when she notices the taller girl standing a few feet away from the bed, an ivory shirt in her hands as she gets dressed. Her bare back is facing the smaller blonde, and the Queen sits upright, rubbing the sleep off her tired eyes. She lovingly stares at Karlie's lithe frame until she's no longer looking at the former brunette's back but rather her covered chest.

"Hey, you're awake," her voice is suave and as sweet as candy. Taylor closes her eyelids at the sound of it. "I didn't want to wake you up. You just looked really peaceful," Karlie adds, resting her knee on top of the sheets to kneel beside Taylor's bare body. "Good morning, love,"

"Good morning," the Queen replies as Karlie leans in to plant a chaste kiss on her forehead.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I always sleep well when you're beside me,"

Karlie smiles at the answer and can't help but lean in once again and kiss her lips softly. "I love you," she whispers, her mouth grazing Taylor's. "I love you so much and last night feels like a dream to me,"

"I know," the smaller blonde replies, nuzzling her nose with Karlie's. "But I'm glad it happened with you. You're the love of my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you,"

The taller blonde chuckles lightly and kisses the tip of Taylor's nose. "I'd love to stay here with you and cuddle a little more, but I need a run. I think we both do,"

The Queen sighs quietly. "Do we really need to get out of bed today?" she asks with a small pout.

"You're so cute," Karlie giggles, kissing Taylor's lips so as to make the frown go away. "But I'm going. If you want to join me, feel free to come with me,"

With that, the taller girl gets up from the bed and finishes buttoning her chestnut pants, a blush colouring her cheeks as she's aware of Taylor's eyes following her every move. When she's about to exite the chamber, however, unintelligible words escape from the Queen's lips as the smaller girl rolls out of bed with a disgruntled look on her face. Karlie shakes her head at the unexpected laziness from her lover, but happily sits down on the edge of the bed to wait for the smaller blonde.

A few minutes later, Taylor is ready to go for a run, wearing nothing but a loose white shirt, probably Karlie's, and dark sweatpants, her dirty blonde hair tied up in a ponytail. Together, they exit their bedroom quietly. On their way out, they don't stumble upon anybody, and as soon as they're a little far from the town's center, they start to run steadily but with a slow pace. The sun is still rising, colouring the hills that were surrounding Anadea with a soft and peaceful glow, and Taylor feels a sense of contentment settle in her stomach.

As soon as they reach the top of a hill, they decide to have a break since they have been jogging for at least an hour. Taylor shuffles closer to the nearest source of water, a small fountain, and wets her face with both of her hands. She takes a deep breath, loving the fresh sensation that's beginning to spread throughout her whole body.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

Taylor hums lightly as she's too busy drinking the water from the tiny fountain. When she's finished, Karlie takes her place and starts to freshen up herself. "The first spring day has arrived," Taylor states, looking out at the beautiful view of Anadea being submerged by the sun's light. Her hands rest atop her hips and she inhales deeply, loving more than anything the fresh air around them.