20~

Nothing quite stings as much as the burn of rejection from someone you love with your whole heart. I don't necessarily even mean a lover.

I'm talking about a best friend, a brother, cousin, mother. When you devote love, compassion, time and respect to someone else you expect to gain it in return. Well that isn't always the case for some.

Some people will never respect you simply because they have a desire to hate you. You could do so much good for someone and they'll still treat you like trash.

It's funny that it's taken me so long to be able to comprehend this. I used to crave attention, respect and love from certain family members. In return for the love, attention and respect I granted them.

But there will always be people in your life that like to take advantage of you. They use your kindness for their own gain. In my nineteen years of existence I have witnessed first hand just how self centred and self righteous some family members can be.

I have learned that it is okay to lose respect for others when they have done you wrong. God teaches us to forgive but he doesn't say we have to forget. There are certain things that have been said that I could truly never forgive and for that I repent.

But I will no longer stand by and witness these blatant disregards for my other family members emotions. I will no longer sit pretty and quiet.

How can someone expect a child not to defend their mother when they're being attacked viscously when they've done no harm? How can one expect a child not to get involved when another family member makes crude remarks to spite someone else they care about?

The answer is they can't and they won't. I will no longer let my loved ones be victimized by narcissistic people.

So the next time one of the assholes who thinks it's funny to start rumours is even remotely near me I will gladly rip into them with my words. The tongue is mightier than the sword. Physical wounds may heal but the wounds you take to your heart and soul can last a lifetime.