86~

The crisp autumn air filled my lungs as I walked through the quiet streets. The crunch of the leaves beneath my boots allowed me to come to terms with the seasons changing. The breeze blew my scarf over my face and for the briefest of seconds I still smelt you lingering on it, from the time you used it to pull me in closer and kiss me underneath the moonlight. In that brief moment nostalgia ripples through my chest causing me to halt in my place.

The shiver and small whimper that came from my body allowed me to remember the feel of your arms around my body, keeping me warm. In that brief moment I missed you, the feel of your skin against mine and the way you were always so warm.

The chilled air felt so much colder and my body couldn't seem to grasp onto any source of heat. I was frozen in the nostalgia until I remembered how you'd left me, alone sobbing in our small upstate apartment.

You'd found someone new and I no longer mattered anymore. When the reality hit me the scent that lingered on my scarf made me sick so I tossed it off my neck and into the nearest garbage. The wind carried away the remaining lingered scent and the ache that filled my chest eased. Just like the seasons I was changing and you were no longer apart of my cycle.