chapter one

hey guys so in this story tony is alive during the 40s with pre serum steve (yay). enjoy :)

Tony never really understood what his dad did. Then again he didn't want to understand. Howard was always so busy with his company and technology, that he never had time for Tony.

All he knew was that he was looking for some guy to turn into a "super soldier," whatever that was.

He had tried talking to his dad about things, like how he was excelling in school, but Howard never listened. Eventually, the nineteen year old gave up on his dad.

Tony became close with one of Howard's work associates, Dr. Erskine. He understood that Howard wasn't always there for Tony, and sorta stepped in and filled that roll.

"How's that whole super soldier serum stuff coming along?" Tony asked as he came down to the lab to see what the were up to. "We still can't find the right candidate. But we're looking."

"Really? You haven't found anyone yet?"

"Well, I did come across one fellow who was...interesting. But your father would never allow it."

"Well, why not? Who is he?" Dr. Erskine put down a photo on the desk. Tony studied the small, scrawny blond. "Is this him?"

"His name is Steve Rogers. He's around your age." Tony wondered why he would ever pick someone so weak to become a soldier.

"May I ask, why him?"

"He has a true heart, this boy. Believe it or not, that is a very important quality in a soldier. I think he's perfect." Tony picked up the picture and put it in his pocket.

"Well if you think he's perfect, than I do too. Let's talk to Dad, together."

The anxiously walked over to Howard's office, knocking on the door. "Come in."

"Hello, Mr. Stark? I think we've found our super soldier." Howard sat up in his chair, intrigued. Tony put down the picture on his desk. "This has to be a joke."

"Sir, all jokes aside I believe this man, Steve Rogers, will be the perfect candidate for our soldier."

"Do you know how much money and resources went into this project? And now you just wanna waste it on some scrawny kid?" Tony wanted to speak up, but he was afraid.

"But, sir please just think-"

"No. Just leave." Dr. Erskine let out a large sigh, and stood up. As he was about to leave the room Tony slammed his hand down on the desk. "No, Dad."

"What did you just say to me?"

"I said no. Dr. Erskine is a brilliant man who's put in a lot of effort for this project too. And if he believes Steve's the one, than Steve's the one."

"Fine," Howard mumbled under his breath.