chapter twelve

Steve got up and ran as fast as he could. He hated leaving Tony behind, but he didn't know what else to do. He was so scared.

...

Howard had never hurt Tony like that. And the worst part was, he was sober.

"Get out of my house," he said pointing to the door. "W-what? Where will I go?" Tony was heartbroken. "I don't goddamn care, just get out of my sight!" Tony said nothing and ran out the door, not looking back.

He wanted to go to Steve's but he was too afraid. He wasn't sure where to go, or what to do. His whole life was falling apart right before his eyes.

He ran out onto the street, waiting for a car to run him over. But suddenly, someone grabbed him, tackling him into the sidewalk. "S-steve?" Tony looked up at him, dressed in his Captain America gear. "Why'd you do that?"

"Tony, I saved you." Steve didn't understand that Tony didn't want to be saved. He couldn't handle this life anymore. Not if he couldn't be with Steve.

He got up and ran as fast as he could, not looking back. Of course Steve ran after him and caught up with him in no time.

"Tony everything's going to be okay. Please stop running and listen to me!"

"No it's not, Steve. My own damn father is going to beat me to death if I show my face at home again. And what am I supposed to do, huh? Just pretend everything's all rainbows and sunshine?"

"How bout we run away. You and me? And we never have to show our faces here again."

wow my stories are always very depressing i apologize