chapter six

"Why are you laughing, Tony?" Steve had invited Tony over after the procedure was done. "It's just, I'm not used to you being taller than me."

"I like it." Tony punched him in the arm, jokingly."Holy shit! That hurt," Tony said shaking his fist, because of Steve's large biceps. "You like?" Steve winked.

Tony rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch. "So this means you're officially off to war soon, huh?" The thought of Steve leaving hurt Tony's heart.

"I guess so," Steve sighed. It had always been his dream to go fight for his country, but now he had this strong urge to stay, and he didn't know why.

"I'm gonna miss you, Steve," Tony said, scooting closer. Steve's heart began beating fast. A rush of adrenaline shot through his body when Tony's arm brushed up against his. "I-I'm gonna m-miss you, too."

"So what do you wanna do tonight, super soldier?" Steve hadn't thought about that. "Um, I don't know." Steve was getting nervous.

"I'm actually getting pretty tired. Maybe I should just go home," Tony said, standing up. Steve grabbed his arm, "No!"

"What?"

"Please, stay. I, I like when you're with me." Tony sat back down. "Okay," he said, smiling.

Tony's heart was beating so hard, he was worried Steve could hear it. He looked so cute he wished he could just lean in and kiss him.

"Tony?" Steve asked. "Yes, Steve?"

"I'm really glad we're friends." Tony laid his head down on Steve's shoulder, closing his eyes. "Me too, Steve."

Soon, they were both fast asleep.