chapter nine

Tony never thought it would feel this good. Steve's body pressed up against his, their mouths connecting them as one. He lost himself in the kiss, giving him everything. They pulled away staring into each other's eyes.

"Steve, there's something I have to tell you."

"Yes, Tony?" Steve asked, holding his hand tight. "I like you, Steve Rogers. I really like you. And I have all this time." Steve smiled, kissing him again. "I like you too, Tony."

"Y-you do?" Tony couldn't believe what he was hearing. "How could I not?" Tony felt like the luckiest man on Earth.

"But, Steve. We, we can't tell anyone about this, okay?" Steve knew he was right, yet he still wanted to tell the world. "I know," he said frowning at the ground.

Suddenly, Tony's heart sunk into his stomach, and his eyes began to tear up. "Tony what's wrong?"

"Y-you're leaving m-me soon." Steve didn't know what to say. It was true, he was leaving. "I'm sorry, Tony." He held Tony in his arms never wanting to let go.

Tony knew he had to get home soon, or Howard would be upset with him again. "Steve, I have to go," he said pushing him away.

"Im not letting you go back to that monster."

"Listen to me, I'll be okay. But you've gotta let me go."

"Okay," he said letting go of his hand.

"Goodbye my love, I'll see you soon."