[Arc 1] ch.7 Spreading Wings

HOPE YOU'LL LIKE THIS STORY. I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HEAR YOU OPINIONS AND COMMENTS ABOUT MY STORY. AFTER READING PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND SPARE SOME VOTES. THANK YOU ^_^

********************

CHAPTER 7

The sound of two voices arguing about my training echoed and reverberated in the four corners of our mansion. All I could do was to watch them as they exchange words one after another.

"I will not allow it! I will not allow my daughter to face a lot of danger. Training swordsmanship is enough, and going outside the capital is too much!" My mother's was firm and authoritative.

Her eyes were unyielding and she stood powerfully in front of us. Mother was giving off a stern and unmovable decision as if her words were a law. I never expected mother to see this side of her. She was a person who was not easy to influence and persuade by other's opinion and suggestion, she was the personification of conviction and firmness.

"Anastasia, your daughter wants to be strong; she wants power so that she can protect you! The demons are not resting, who knows when they will strike again. Remember you lost your brother because you are not strong enough to protect him." Ezekiel-sensei told her with conviction.

Ezekiel-sensei told my mother that I need field experience to widened my scope and improve my survival skills. I need to face reality to polish my fighting prowess and information gathering.

What sensei said told to my mother earlier, made her flinched in shock. His words hit something in her heart that made her speechless. It struck something sensitive in her. Because mother was still loss of words, Ezekiel-sensei continued to state his opinion.

I want to voice out my opinion and my side, but there was a sudden imaginary lump building in my throat that's making me speechless. I can even muster a strength to speak up because of a mysterious force that was shutting my mouth.

"If you don't want to lose another person who you hold dear, specially your daughter. You should let her be the greatest swordswoman in this kingdom. She has a lot of potential and she already has mastered all the techniques I taught her, and if I continue to hone this talent of her, she will definitely gain power to protect her love ones." Sensei said with finality in his voice as if he has the right to decide for what's good and what's bad for me.

Sensei's words left a big impact in my mother's mind. I know that it was very hard for her to accept what sensei's request for me to experience the outside world. About How to live as a normal citizen of Greffania. To live not as the daughter of the duchess, but to live and fight as Zariyah. To live as an adventurer.

*

I am now in the mansion's garden together with my brother, Arwin. He was a few inches taller than me and girls always approached him, according to Dianne, his personal maid. He matured and I can see that his features were becoming manlier every year.

He was now one of the high magus in their association. He was now a force to be reckoned with.

"You really grow up and become a very powerful mage, onii-chan." I told him as I leaned on him and rested my head in his shoulder.

I love my brother because he was a protective twin to me and to our mother. He needed to be stronger to protect us from anyone than can hurt us. He achieved a lot of accomplishment as well as he was now one of the high rank mages in our country for a short span of time.

"I'm not the only one who gain power. You, yourself have become stronger, faster and powerful. Your way of the sword was un-parried. " He complimented the fruit of my five years of training under the tutelage of Ezekiel-sensei.