Chapter 17: Redemption

It has been two weeks since Draco and Hermione last spoke. As the Winter Ball began to soon approach, Hermione decided that she should plan it on her own. Considering that her best friend had lied to her about the one thing she hoped she wouldn't... She had gone along with the masquerade theme as it will only expand the force of house unity.

Draco – on the other hand – had been avoiding his best friend and the brunette for the past two weeks. He had buried himself in his common-room bedroom, usually staring up at the ceiling, accomplishing some head duties or simply just sleeping. He had continuously thought about Hermione and what he has put her through. Although, he felt completely and utterly terrible – he had to continue being the way he was toward her. For her safety.

--

"Draco, open up!" A loud voice yelled from the outside of his door. He stood up from his bed, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"I'm coming! Patience, people." He yelled back at the person. He opened the door, revealing the Ginger and the Dark Italian standing with his arms crossed. He looked at the pair and attempted to close the door shut, luckily, Blaise had his foot placed in between the frame and the door – making sure that his best friend wouldn't close the door on them.

Draco groaned. "I'm not in the mood to deal with you two. Leave." He said with a tired, cold voice. Ginny looked up at Blaise with a saddened expression. She had never seen Draco like this before.

Hours before

Ginny and Blaise sat in the middle of the Astronomy tower, gazing into the blue sky.

"So, you're saying that you accidentally gave Cormac McLaggen a vile of love potion in sixth year?" Blaise chuckled heartily. "And, he was obsessed with you! What a scene." He laughed even harder at the thought. Ginny nudged him playfully.

"Not funny... He ran around the common room screaming 'I love Ginny Weasley. Soon to be, Ginny McLaggen.' Only if you saw the look on Ron's face when he had done so." Ginny smiled at the memory. "Hermione hadn't caught a glance of it – thankfully – she would've kept reminding me to this day." Ginny said, looking back at the sky.

"You two weren't that close back then, were you?" Blaise asked with curiosity. Ginny smiled at the boy.

"Not really, no. She and I had begun to grow close when she and Ron decided to make their relationship public." Ginny said, looking down at her feet, reminding herself of what Ron had done to Hermione.

"It feels like that now. She isn't even talking to me. I feel... empty." Ginny said, tears began to prickle her eyes.

"It's not your fault, I can assure you." Blaise replied, placing his arm around the girl. She leaned her head on his shoulder and laughed – she wiped the tears from her face.

"She's been excluding herself from everyone. I – I can't even get her out of her room. She's been studying all night and day. She's a dead soul, Blaise. She doesn't even look like Hermione." She looked up at him, staring deeply into the distance. His eyebrows knitted together and smiled.

"I have a plan."

Present

"Did I really have to come?" Draco groaned as Blaise dragged him out of the common room.

"We didn't go to Hogsmeade last time because we forgot! I am NOT missing out on it this time – I miss my firewhiskey." He said. Draco did something he hadn't done since he was with Hermione – laugh. Blaise looked at his best friend and smirked, he knew their plan was going to work.