Chapter 25: Christmas Evening

His eyes fell hard on the woman in front of him. He hadn't seen her in such a long time. All eyes were on him, including his aunt's. She sent him a soft smile, noticing he looked at the brunette witch beside him, for reassurance. She put the pieces together, coming to the realisation that he and Hermione were together.

"Andy!" Molly cried, embracing the witch into a hug. "It's good to see you." She stated, looking at her close friend. Andromeda greeted herself to the others, embracing each and every one into a hug. When she reached Draco, she had expected him to ignore her, but there was something different in the way he presented himself. It was no longer the prideful, spoilt, young boy she grew to see, but a strong, powerful, young wizard who had smiled at her.

"Nice to see you, Aunty." He said, standing up and embracing his aunt into a hug. The elder witch's heart jumped slightly, not used to this sort of affection by any of the Malfoy's.

"Draco, dear." She smiled, pulling away from her nephew. "You have your mother's eyes. Beside the colour, of course, that is your father's, no doubt." She smiled, brushing her hand on the boy's cheek. He smiled down at the witch who was shorter than him.

"Sit down, Andy, you must be hungry." Arthur stated, smiling at the witch who agreed, thoughtfully,

{}{}{}{}{}{}

Everyone sat around the fireplace, chatting away. Andy was getting to know both, her nephew and his best friend. Hermione smiled from the kitchen, seeing that Draco had finally seen his aunt after such a long time. She was in the kitchen, helping, although Mrs. Weasley insisted on letting the magic do the job. Hermione refused, saying that she needed a bit of fresh air, and as the sink was by the window, it was a good idea.

"What did Draco get for you?" Ginny asked, as she stood beside her best friend, also helping to clean. Hermione looked at her best friend, seeing the new necklace that she wore.

"We haven't exchanged Christmas presents just yet. I'll give it to him once we are back at the Manor." Hermione smiled at her best friend. "And what did Blaise give you?" She smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at the girl. Ginny laughed, nudging the brunette

"He gave me this necklace." Ginny smiled, looking down at the silver chain that hung around her neck. Hermione smiled, seeing as though Ginny took a quick glance behind her, seeing her boyfriend getting along with her family.

"You two make a ravishing pair." Hermione admitted with a smile. Her best friend turned a bright shade of red and smiled, shyly.

"Enough about me," she laughed. "How is the Manor?" She asked, quirking an eyebrow at the girl. Hermione finished cleaning the plates, wiping her hands. She turned to the girl and smiled.

"It feels like – it feels like home," Hermione admitted, looking at the ground, fidgeting with the Malfoy heirloom. "And nothing has felt like home in such a long time... Narcissa has welcomed me as her own, she is like a mother to me," Hermione smiled, staring up at her best friend who nodded, signaling for her to continue. "Lucius is so sweet, he, also, welcomed me so politely. Of course, it took Draco quite a while to accept his father again, but after convincing him, he agreed." She smiled. Ginny took notice of her fidgeting fingers, her eyes darting to the diamond that shone brightly on her finger.

"Hermione!" She gasped, taking the brunette's hand in her own. "What is this?" She asked with wide eyes.

"A Malfoy family heirloom. Draco gave it to me last night, as a promise ring," Hermione smiled. "I know it's cliché and everything, but – it means a lot," she said, looking at her boyfriend who was sitting with Andromeda, Harry, Blaise, and George. His eyes caught hers, a smile appeared on his face, knowing that she was talking about him. "I can't picture myself without him, Ginny." Ginny embraced her best friend into a hug, joyful of her sudden realisation.

{}{}{}{}{}

Andromeda took notice of the smile Draco had on his face as he looked into the kitchen from the sitting room.

"How did that happen?" Andromeda asked her nephew, tilting her head toward the brunette. Draco looked at his aunt.

"We were placed as Head's. We share a room. Believe me, at first, it was a horrid arrangement. I couldn't think of anything worse." He admitted, looking at the ground. "After a while, we became friends. Feelings began to become visible, both parties, and it just happened." He smiled at his aunty. "I don't know what I'd do without her." He smiled at his realisation. Andromeda placed a hand on his leg, patting it gently.

"I'm glad you found her, dear boy. You deserve happiness, and, I can see that she brings it in your life." She smiled at him. "Don't ever think that you don't deserve this, Draco. You deserve it, just as much as she does." Draco smiled warmly at the woman beside him.

"Draco, I believe we should head off to the Manor. It's getting late." Hermione walked up to the pair, smiling at her boyfriend. He nodded.

As they apparated to the Manor, Hermione insisted on going into the sitting room.

"I have a surprise for you." She stated, walking toward the large Christmas tree near the fireplace. Draco walked toward it, taking his jacket off. Hermione took her jumper off; one that Ginny had lent her.

"I like where this is going." Draco smirked, earning a smack across the back of his head from Hermione.

"Get off your high horse." She laughed. Draco rubbed the back of his head, as he walked toward her.

"This better be goo-

Hermione placed a small present in his hand, a box. His eyes widened, he never thought she would've gotten him something. Opening his present, he smiled greatly. A beautiful black watch was placed in front of him.

"It was your grandfathers... Your mother told me it meant a great deal to you, but you lost it when you were little. When I found it, I showed your mother, we tried to mend it – but it didn't work. I put a little time into reading on how to fix it, I mended it... I hope you like it." She smiled at the boy who was admiring it in awe. He captured her lips eagerly, smiling in between kisses. She pulled back as her arms were wrapped around the gape of his neck.

"Merry Christmas, Draco."

"Merry Christmas, Hermione."

Hermione's Malfoy Heirloom: