Chapter 19: Mrs. Malfoy

Hermione's POV

Draco and I were walking down the street of Diagon Alley, people gave us questionable looks – I would also, if I had just seen a member of the Golden Trio and a former death-eater walk, hand-in-hand with one another.

Draco was fitted in a dark suit; his hair was combed to the side – suiting him perfectly. I, on the other hand, had attempted to look somewhat more elegant than usual. I was wearing a grey, long-sleeved dress – a maroon belt to tighten it up as it was a bit loose. And, a brown, muggle coat that Ginny had given me before I left this year. My hair seemed to have tamed itself, letting my golden curls settle just beneath my shoulder. Today, wasn't a particularly cold, winter day.

Draco suddenly stopped in front of a jewelry shop, he was admiring something.

"Draco... Your mother is awaiting us." I stated, tightening my grip on his hand. He looked toward me and smiled. He was nervous, yet, he tried to show me otherwise. We continued walking down the snow-covered streets, as people continued to stare. Draco hadn't seemed to notice, as his thoughts must've been somewhere else. I stopped in the middle of the street, Draco hadn't noticed until he was ahead of me.

"Hermione?" He questioned, turning around and seeing me still in my place. He walked over to me, placing his hands in his suit pockets. "Is there something wrong?" He asked, looking at me with a sincere stare. My eyes looked at the snow on the ground and back up at him.

"You seem a little... distant." I began, his eyebrows knitted together. "And, I understand that we're going to see your mother... But, if you're nervous – I am too, if not more." He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me into his chest. My head rested against the warmth of his chest, hearing the steady beat of his heart. He placed a kiss on my head.

"I apologise, Hermione. I just don't know what to expect..." I pulled back and stared into his silver eyes, he too, stared into mine. He leaned in, his cold lips caressed my warm ones. My hands found his chest, placing it softly against it. Our lips separated and a large smile hung on both of our lips as we stared at each other for a moment longer.

"I believe we should head inside." He whispered, jerking his head toward the small coffee shop that was across the road. I nodded and began walking toward it.

--

Back at Hogwarts, Ginny and Blaise sat together in the Great Hall. Glares and whispers weren't short of, coming mostly from the Slytherin and Gryffindor tables. Ginny had decided that it was time people began to understand that the houses don't define who you should befriend, or, especially, who you fall in love with. Blaise, too, had agreed.

"What do you think Malfoy's mother is going to do?" Ginny asked as she stared at the boy who sat in front of her. He was stuffing his face with pudding.

"Mrs. Malfoy knew that he liked Granger since fourth year, I think it was." He begun, placing the spoon down. "She's going to like her... She doesn't despise Muggle-borns, despite what people think. It was his father who encouraged it upon them." Ginny nodded, agreeing at what he had said.

"And... your mother?" She asked, staring down at the toast with jam she had on her plate. She felt Blaise's smirk on her – her cheeks flushed. She looked up at the dark boy and smiled, seeing as though he was smirking.

"My mother?" He scoffed. "She doesn't particularly care. But, you're pureblood – so who cares?" He smirked at her. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Are you implying that you're going to introduce me to your mother?" She laughed, taking a bit of the toast.

"That's exactly what I'm implying, Ginger." He smirked at her flushed skin. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"You're a charmer, Blaise." Ginny said, smiling up with dreamy eyes.