Returning

A/N: Excuse this fucking mess of a story, it's been awhile since I've been writing.  I will be doing this story and it might take me awhile to update this. This is just going to be the intro for the story.  This is a reader insert, meaning I will write "you." So I will be giving you the name Professor Knight but still leaving the (Y/N) for the first name. I have added a pic of your outfit on here. :)

____________________________________________________________________________

It's been awhile since you've been at Hogwarts, roughly 10 years to be exact. You never really thought about becoming a professor or even teaching for that matter, you mainly focused on traveling around the world, getting that taste of adventure.  But when you received a letter stating that professor McGonagall needed a teaching assistant you surprised that they would even offer it to you, it wasn't as if you where daft, you had amazing marks. You just wanted to enjoy freedom for a while.  You are an unregistered animagus, you shift into the form of a black wolf.  

You tended to be a loner, preferring to read or just lazy watch others. You where not a people person. But you accepted the position anyway, maybe this will finally break you out of your loner shell.  Of coarse you couldn't forget your past, it will always remain hidden beneath your horrible deeds you've done to seek justice for the ones you've lost. You where close with the Potters, but closer to Lupin and Black. When you had found out they had been murdered for the glory of power, you went into a blood lusted rage, hunting death eaters down killing, maiming, destroying anything you could to seek your own peace.  Their son Harry, living with Muggles, never knowing who or what great things he would be able to do. After so many years of traveling and training to become the assassin you became, it's time to protect your best friends son.

It's been about a week since you have opened that letter, rereading and over analyzing every detail. It was to late to retract your acceptance of the position. You where already almost there, you could practically smell Hogwarts on the wind, it never changed. It was the same scent you had grown to love in your younger years. Wearing your black cloak around you to keep out the chill of the wind and fog you walked on hearing your black knee high boots on the soft gravel below your light feet. You wore your usual outfit this was a go to outfit, one that was flexible enough to fight in and dark enough to hide with in the shadows.

Your black hair whipped about you as the wind pulled you this way and that as you began the walk towards the school. Keeping your senses on high, you kept your eyes lowered as if you where tracking something interesting. When in fact you where building up your plan on how to deal with so many children. It's not that you didn't like children, you just didn't know what to do with them really.

Lost within your own deep thought you hadn't noticed you'd walked right up to the gate. Sighing you waited for whomever it was walking your way to let you in. You pick up the scent, it was male, he smelt strange, of dust, books, and something else. As you waited you lowered your hood as this male approached you.  When you could finally see him, he looked unamused, even almost hateful to the fact he had to let you in and walk you the rest of the way. You'd prefer to be left alone, you could've done this without this hateful man.

"I assume you will be the new assistant, for Professor McGongall." The man drawled out, low his lips almost in a mock snarl as if he smelled something foul.

You lowered the black hood of your clock, icy blue eyes boring into his jet black, and simply stated "Obviously, I wouldn't bee standing here waiting for no reason." You where not going to give him the upper hand, your inner wolf wouldn't allow it after all you are an Alpha female, unmated of course. 

He simply turned his cloak billowing as he did so and rudely said "Fine, this way."  As he walked away not giving two fucks if you where behind him or not.