Surprises

You'd fallen into a routine of researching and then physically searching for this damn instrument, your days turned to weeks, an weeks turned into months. The letters between Severus and yourself piled as time passed. But still you haven't made much progress. It was a never ending cycle that droned on for you. The only excitement you'd received was from a letter stating that Professor Quirell, had attempted to steal the sorceress stone and was caught and destroyed by none other than Harry Potter. Severus told you all the details, an you could almost hear his monotone voice while reading it.
But that letter came about two months ago, an you hadn't heard much from the man since then.
This morning yielding nothing new, you expect the fact you where going to a muggle museum. Which somewhat excited you but not really. You pulled your wild hair into a messy bun, applied a little make-up so you didn't look so dull and drained. Pulled on a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a nice olive green shirt and a pair of light brown flats. The museum opened in about thirty minutes or so. You wanted to be the first one there Incase you found anything worth investigating. You grabbed you purse and headed off, double checking your wand was still in there. This was your last ditch effort to find this damn thing before you had a mental break down.

Severus POV:

It had been months since he last saw you an his aggregation at that only intensified as time went on. You left with out saying good bye, which he was still mad about, an now he is having to prance around with Lucius so that they could determine when Draco would be able to join the death eaters. He honestly had just ignore the man almost the whole time with nonchalant "mhmms." Or an occasional nod of his head while fumbling with the key in his rob pocket. "Are we dine here?" He drawled out praying that Lucius would just get the hint he didn't want to be here. "I suppose so, seems you aren't too interested in this matter anyway." Lucius told him with a disapproving look. He could careless, he wanted to go home.  His wish was granted, with minutes the meeting ended an they went their separate ways. Once home, he checked to see if his owl had brought anything from you at all, but yet again nothing. He was getting antsy, he wanted you back here with him. His possessiveness was always a problem, even when he was a child. He flung his cloak off an stalked to his room, rummaging through a few drawers and pulling out a medium size traveling bag. He slung whatever he was taking with him into and grabbed the small card with the address on it. He wanted to know why you hadn't sent him anything or bothered to visit him at all. He removed the key from his robe, grabbed his broom and headed off.

He arrived within an hour to the flat, unlock the door quickly An heading in not caring if you had been there or not. He just wanted to see you, he wanted to hold you. As much as he hated to admit it, he needed you. You made him remember what it's like to live in a life with love and light, not the darkness he was in without you. He put his bags in a small closet by the door. An went about making himself a cup of tea, hoping you would be returning shortly.

Y/N POV:

You couldn't believe it, you'd found the fucking thing. Not only was it in the most ridiculous place it was literally right next to you this whole time! It somewhat annoyed you as much as it excited you, but how in the hell are you going to get it out. You'd been sent out right after Christmas to France an now you'd be able to leave it, whenever you could get this damn thing. You sighed writing down the office hallway you'd found the instrument in, case and directions to find it again. You'd been here roughly 2 hours scouring the museum for it. You where starving now, an wanted to head back home to eat. You walked back with a slight giddy feeling. The first thing you noticed when arriving was the door being unlocked, you froze an removed your wand, walking in slowly. You could smell that tea had been brewed recently. You headed into the kitchen, not seeing anyone put the kettle on the stove still. You quickly removed it and poured the remaining tea out. The feeling of arms wrapping around you a scent you knew too well flooding your senses told you exactly who was here. "I was drinking that."Severus voice whispered in your ear. "Severus!" You turned around in his arms to face him, grabbing his collar a pulling him closer. "You look, stunning this afternoon." He told you playing with the hem of your shirt. "I've missed you." You murmured out kissing him before he could reply to you. You hummed into the kids as he depended it, pulling your closer to him. "I missed you too." He told you breaking the kiss.

A/N sorry for the short chapter!! I hope you enjoy it! 🖤