Chapter 8: last days

Marinette ran back up to her room where Alya was still waiting for her.

She found her best friend sitting on her day bed watching YouTube.

Alya looked up from her bright phone screen and stared at her best friend.

Marinette came in, slowly closed the door and put her back against the door and slid down to sit against the door.

Marinette had mixed feelings about this.

"Sooooo? How was your date?", asked a curious Alya.

Marinette stared down blankly.

"Ummm... hello?! Marinette! Earth to marinette?!"

"Hmm?..... oh sorry. What is it?"

"Tell me all about your date girl!"

Alya has gotten up and sat down next to her friend. Anxious to hear all about her romantic surprise date with Luka.

"Well, it was on the Eiffel Tower and he was sitting with his guitar. He had a whole picnic set ready for me..."

The bluenette was trying to hold back tears. 

"A-and he made all my favorite foods....", she wiped her tears with her sleeves.

"Marinette..... what happened? D-did he hurt you?"

"What? N-no of course not. At least not physically."

A worried and confused face grew on her best friends face.

"L-Luka got accepted in to his dream school for music......"

"And?", asked alya

"In America...."

She couldn't hold back her tears. She cried, her head buried in her knees.

Alya pulled her close and hugged her friend.

"It's ok marinette. There are plenty of other people out there.... like... Adrien for instance."

"Adrien doesn't want me..." said the bluenette in a muffled tone.

"Well then.... I'm still here for you no matter what."

"Thanks Alya."

The weekend had ended and there was only one more week until school was out.

Marinette say eager in her seat all day, eager for the dismissal bell to ring so she could spend the afternoon with Luka before he left.

* RIIIINNNGGGG*

'Finally' , marinette thought to herself.

The bluenette grabbed her bag and ran towards the entrance where Luka was waiting.

"Slow down marinette. Your making me sick."

"sorry tikki. I'm just excited." Said marinette as she slowed her pace.

Luka was standing in front on the stairs  as marinette ran up to him and jumped into his arms.

"Woah there. Hehehe. I'm not leaving yet." Said Luka and hugged marinette.

"Heheh sorry, I'm just so excited."

They both smiled and Luka grabbed her hand to hold it in his.

"So? What's for today?"

"Today we are gonna do something simple. Ice cream and a romantic dance under the stars."