Order of the Olympians Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Arghh, no more! No more!" Percy groaned dramatically and dropped the heavy History of Magic book onto the floor in front of him.

"I second that!" Ron's arm shot upwards in agreement. He was laying down with his back against the floor and let both hands fall down to cover his face in frustration. "Six hours. We've been studying this rubbish for SIX HOURS, HERMIONE!"

Annabeth startled at his tone and looked up with wide eyes. "Are you sure? It sure hasn't felt like that long. I can't believe how much we've learned!" She turned to beam at Percy, who just stuck his tongue out at her.

Hermione laughed and checked the clock on the wall, "Wow, it's already three o'clock! It really has been six hours. Time sure flies when you are having fun." Annabeth nodded in agreement, and the two high-fived over Ron's head. The rest of the group shot them both glares, grunting and crumpling up loose sheets of paper to flung it at the two girls.

Will stood up and stretched his hands high above his head. "At least we know that we're caught up now before heading off to Hogwarts."

Nico shot him an annoyed glare. "Uhh, theoretically. We still have to practice the spells to be able to use them properly."

Hermione frowned and began gathering up her books. "You'll have to wait until you get to Hogwarts for that. You can't practice any magic outside of the school grounds. Remember Harry?"

As soon as she mentioned the boy, Hermione and Ron shared matching guilty expressions.

Percy spoke slowly, sensing that Harry's trial was a touchy subject. "So...when do you think we will hear how it went?"

As if conjured by his question, Mrs. Weasley could be heard downstairs fussing loudly. "HARRY! YOU'RE OKAY!"

The group upstairs looked at each other in alarm. Ron and Hermione bolted to their feet from their spots on the floor and flew downstairs. The four demigods stood up a bit slower, letting things calm down before entering the mix.

"I knew it! Ron yelled excitedly. "You are always getting away with stuff!"

"They were bound to clear you. There was no case against you, none at all..." (OotP) Percy heard Hermione say, her voice trembling with relief. They heard another voice start to talk but couldn't hear what was said over the boisterous singing from Fred and George, "He got off, he got off, he got off!" (OotP)

Percy chuckled and nudged Will with his elbow. "I guess he got off." Annabeth made a face and questioned when they should make themselves known.

A new male voice spoke with Sirius, something about a mouthful at the Ministry, whatever that meant. Fred and George's anthem was still ringing loud and clear until Mrs. Weasley finally roared, "SHUT UP!"

Nico stepped forward to begin their descent. "Well, that sounds like our cue, doesn't it?" Will huffed out a laugh and followed him downstairs, Percy and Annabeth on his heels.

Mrs. Weasley caught sight of the four newcomers, and ushered them down to the ground floor. "Come, come! You can finally meet Harry!" She was so excited her hands fidgeted constantly in front of her.

In between Ron and Hermione was a boy who looked surprisingly like Percy, His black hair was gelled down and placed neatly, but Percy got the feeling it was normally disheveled. The boy didn't seem like the kind of guy who wore suits that hung off his thin frame on an everyday basis. Harry Potter was a few inches shorter than him, and decidedly less muscular, but they had similar bright green eyes that seemed to always carry a hint of sadness behind them, as if they had seen too much to be completely happy.