Order of the Olympians Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Nico paced up and down the length of the Prefect's bathroom, running his hands together as if trying to keep himself busy as they waited for Annabeth. Harry was finally breathing normally again and was on his feet explaining the details of his dream to them.

"Sirius was crumpled on the ground in front of row number ninety-seven when Voldemort got to him..."

"But Harry, couldn't these just be-" Hermione started, her anxiety causing her voice to crack.

"DON'T say dreams 'Mione, because they aren't just dreams! Remember what happened to Ron's dad?"

Ron pushed off from his leaning position against the wall. "He's got a point. That was real..."

The Son of Hades watched Harry give a grateful nod to his best friend before turning back to Hermione. "I know how it sounds, but Sirius is in trouble, and we have to help him!"

She turned towards the demigods, as if willing them to knock some sense into him, but Percy wasn't listening. The Son of Poseidon was watching the door like a hawk, completely rigid while waiting for Annabeth. A block of ice had settled in Nico's stomach, and he tried to ignore it while he addressed Hermione. "We think he's seeing what Voldemort's seeing. So, it's a good possibility that Sirius is right where Harry says he is."

Her face dropped and she closed her eyes to take a calming breath. "We...we should at least be sure, shouldn't we?"

"I AM SURE!" Harry exploded, and Will grabbed his shoulder.

"Harry! Calm down. It's not a bad idea to be sure that he isn't just at Grimmauld Place."

Neville looked positively confused at the information exchanged, but kept his mouth shut. Harry shook Will's hands off and crossed his arms. "Fine, we can use the fireplace in Umbridge's office again.

Ron cocked his head, "We will need another distraction...Perc? Any ideas?"

But Percy hadn't taken his eyes off the door. "Where is she..." He muttered.

"Percy?"

Ron finally got his attention, but he still didn't turn around. "Where is she? Annabeth should be here by now."

Nico agreed, and was relieved when Ginny Weasley finally crashed through the door the next second. But the look on her face had everyone on their feet.

"It's Annabeth!" She heaved, trying to catch her breath.

Percy caught her right before she hit the floor, and the Golden Trio knelt by her side. "What happened?" He insisted, the emotion catching in his voice.

She closed her eyes, obviously terrified of the memory. "The Common Room...the shadows that sent the other students into comas...it got her and three other Gryffindor boys. She said to come get you!"

The room erupted in screams as the plumbing exploded. Water from every available faucet burst around them, soaking everyone to the bone. When Nico pushed his sopping hair from his face, Percy was gone. He swore and grabbed Will and Harry by their dripping sleeves and ushered them out. "Go! Go!"

They all sprinted towards the seventh floor, the moving staircases seemingly knowing how important their journey was and giving them easy access. If he had been paying attention to his surroundings, Nico would have noticed students around them complaining loudly in wet robes about the plumbing malfunctioning. Will and Nico led the pack and stopped before reaching the closed portrait of the Fat Lady.

"My dears, I believe you have the wrong Common Room! This is strictly for Gryff-"

Harry pushed past them and yelled, "Baubles! Now open the damn door!"