Order of the Olympians Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Annabeth wasn't completely caught off guard when Harry said, "We know who you are, and why you're here," but she was pleased when her friends didn't so much as flinch at the accusation.

She stayed rooted in her seat. "You mean you know that we're from a wizarding school in America, and here as part of an exchange program?"

Harry narrowed his eyes. "No...I mean that you four are demigods, and that you're here to protect me for some reason."

"Where did you get that crazy idea?" Percy asked innocently, a playful smirk tugging at his lips.

Hermione stepped up beside Harry and began fidgeting with her fingers. "We heard you in the Astronomy tower speaking with Dr. C."

Annabeth grit her teeth. She should have made sure nobody was listening, but her and Percy were a bit preoccupied.

"Of course, I'm still hoping that you guys are just crazy, and that gods aren't actually real." Ron said with raised eyebrows.

Out of everyone, she didn't expect Nico to be the one to speak up. "So what if it is true? What would you do?"

The three accusers didn't seem to know how to answer that. Hermione opened her mouth like she wanted to say something but furrowed her brow and closed it again. Harry's face was thoughtful. "Then we would want to know what we are up against."

Annabeth pushed up from her seat and paced until she was facing her fellow demigods. Resolve passed through the four of them, and she turned towards Percy for his decision.

He nodded with a tight set of his jaw. "Ask away. I'm sure you have questions."

Hermione's eyes widened in excitement. "Which mythology stories are true? Greek gods, Roman gods, Egyptian gods?"

"All of them." He said simply, not bothering to explain.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, "What Percy means is that 'mythological figures' gain their power through worship and widespread beliefs. The Greek gods were our parents' original forms. They moved and changed with the flow of power. When Rome defeated Greece, the gods' personalities and attributes became fiercer, more warlike. With Western expansion, Olympus changed and moved with it. It currently resides above the Empire State Building."

The Golden Trio was silent as they listened, gob smacked, so she continued. "With other religions and holders of power, such as the Egyptians, they have their own gods. We recently met two people who live in that world, but that's not important right now.

"We come from a place called Camp-Half Blood, one of the only safe places for people like us. The only other one I know of is Camp Jupiter, where their parents are the Roman aspects of the gods."

Hermione seemed to snap out of her trance. "So, it's true then. Your parents are actual gods?" She asked in reverence.

Nico grimaced. "Unfortunately."

Ron cocked his head in thought. "We think we know that Annabeth's mom is Athena, and Percy's dad is Poseidon, but what about you two?"

Will clapped a hand on Nico's shoulder. "My dad's Apollo, god of the Sun. Nico's dad is Hades, god of the Underworld."

Harry shivered. "The Underworld? No wonder you got sorted into Slytherin."

Nico's eyes darkened. "I've done nothing but help you Harry Potter. Don't make me regret it."

Percy stepped in between them when tension filled the air. "Harry, if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. Nico is on our side, and he always will be. Don't associate him with all of the dark wizards who have come out of Slytherin."