Order of the Olympians Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Class dismissed." Professor Flitwick called out, causing a ruckus of students jumping out of their seats to head to the Great Hall for dinner.

Nico di Angelo packed up slowly, not in any hurry since he didn't have any plans to attend dinner. After a full day of being around Malfoy and his gang, he was in dire need of a break. He headed off towards his dimly lit common room, smirking along the way at the fact that his new home was in fact, inside a dungeon.

He felt oddly at home in the massive room, which lay underneath the Great Lake. The large elaborate windows carved into the stone gave a small glance into the eerie body of water, giving off an underwater shipwreck feel. Nico couldn't help but smile thinking that Percy would love it here.

He dropped his books off on the bed and brought a treat to his new pet. Her feathers ruffled in excitement as Nico drew closer. "Hey B, I'm gonna bring you to the Owlery so you don't have to be by yourself all day, okay? Don't worry, the sun just set." The owl nipped happily at his fingers when he brought her out of the cage and then rested comfortably on his outstretched arm.

Nico made his way outside, and as he passed the doors to the Great Hall, Will was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face.

"Well finally!" Will tossed his arms up, exasperated.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be inside?" Nico asked, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

"Shouldn't you?" His boyfriend challenged.

Nico rolled his eyes. "I wasn't hungry. We're still meeting after dinner though, right?" He asked, glancing around nervously.

"Of course we are, I haven't forgotten. But you didn't want to talk about what happened?" Will asked, annoyance still on his tongue.

Nico furrowed his brow. "What happened?"

Will stared at him, then looked back and forth between him and the owl, who was watching the exchange with unblinking eyes.

"Let's walk and talk." He decided, taking Nico's free arm and pulling him along.

Nico almost put his free hand in his pocket but decided to leave it by his side...just in case Will had decided to stop being angry with him and hold his hand.

They walked through the deserted courtyard and towards the long wooden bridge that led towards the Hogwarts' grounds.

"So, what happened?"

Will rubbed a hand over his face. "Percy, Annabeth and I were in Divination, and the professor started freaking out."

Nico narrowed his eyes while Bianca chittered her confusion. "What do you mean by 'freaking out'?"

His boyfriend stopped at the edge of the bridge and leaned against the wooden pillars with his hands in his pockets. Nico tried not to focus on how much he liked Will's face when it was scrunched up like that. "I mean she started sprouting off prophecies. Our prophecies."

Nico stilled and felt a trickle of fear begin to unfold in his chest. "What did you do? How did she know about them? Is she some sort of Oracle, or one of your siblings? Did the other students notice?"

Will finally took Nico's hand and covered his mouth with the other. "Now you can understand why I was pissed when you didn't show up for dinner."

"Professor Trelawney seemed to be in some sort of trance when she gave them out," Will explained. "So I don't know that she had any idea what she was saying. Everyone definitely noticed, though. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were really spooked. We tried to play it off like we had no idea, but..." Will shrugged and began leading them towards the Owlery again.