Order of the Olympians Chapter 27

Note: I seriously can't thank you all enough for reading this story, it means the world to me that people would take time out of their day to read something that I wrote. Just a reminder that I do not own PJO/HP. All of these wonderful characters belong to Rick & Joanne.

XX

Chapter 27

Mere seconds passed as Harry finally stopped fighting Percy's hold, but to each of the two young warriors, seconds seemed to slip into hours. The Son of Poseidon watched as a flurry of emotions danced across his friends' face as he came to grips with what just happened: Rage, understanding, overwhelming despair, then rage again. Percy pushed them both off of the uninviting stone floor and carried Harry towards one of the benches that had yet to be destroyed. He kept a strong hand wrapped around Harry's waist, but glanced around at the waning battle in front of them.

The appearance of Dumbledore had apparently been the beginning of the end for their enemies. He handled five Death Eaters on his own while the other members of the Order, along with the demigods and D.A. members, successfully disarmed and trapped those who remained. His eyes focused on a particular nasty duel near the entryway between Bellatrix and Mad-Eye-Moody. Each were flinging frantic curses at one another, and Percy winced at the uncontrollable shrieking of laughter that escaped the woman's mouth. She was certifiable. Her last spell hit it's mark, and Mad Eye was flung across the room, cracking his head against the furthest wall.

Harry must have sobered up enough to understand the witch's next moves. The second Bellatrix moved towards the doorway to escape, The Boy Who Lived threw himself from Percy's grip and charged after Bellatrix.

"Harry-no!" (OotP) Percy cried, racing after his friend.

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS!" bellowed Harry. "SHE KILLED HIM-I'LL KILL HER!" (OotP)

The young wizard tore through the room, leaping over the restrained bodies of the Death Eaters and pushing past anyone who got in his way. Percy called out to Will and Nico and they fell at Percy's heels as they raced behind Harry into the circular room. Before they could reach the door that both their friend and his prey had disappeared behind, the walls fluttered to life and spun once again.

Nico growled in frustration as the room came to a halt, "Where's the exit!?" The room seemed to have been waiting for them to ask. (OotP) The door right behind the demigods flew open, and the corridor toward the elevator stretched in front of them. Percy didn't have time to question the room having a mind of its own and sprinted down the corridor. His face paled as the elaborate elevator doors closed, the undeniable mask of hatred Harry wore disappearing behind them.

"ARGH!" Percy yelled, desperately slamming into the call button. "He's an IDIOT if he thinks he can go up against a fully trained Death Eater!"

When the lift did not return to their floor immediately, he turned to Nico. "Get us up there!"

Before the Son of Hades complied, he hesitated. "Percy...if..if Erebus or Voldemort is up there waiting.."

"Then we all have jobs to do." He responded with finality, allowing no room for argument. He no longer had any qualms about the heavy responsibility that lay before him. Harry had become one of his closest friends, and Percy loved him like a brother. If sacrificing himself for his friend would defeat Erebus and save Annabeth, then it was a small price to pay. Even if Nico and Will couldn't come through and bring him back, Percy was at peace with his decision. "Just in case," He added softly, "Tell Annabeth that I love her."

Nico nodded grimly, grabbed onto both of their shoulders and called upon the shadows. When they reappeared, they landed on the obsidian tile of the Ministry lobby, missing a Stunning spell sent out by Bellatrix by mere inches.