~Chapter 1~

I dislike Mr. Roger very much. He always strives to be the greatest teacher, hoping to win the 'Greatest Math Teacher Awards.' Even if, perusing to win meant giving your students partners with the task of coming up with things they were interested in learning that year. Like c’mon man, it’s math! What could you possible expect?

For homework he instructed that we search up some math related things to get an idea. So we would be ready to complete our tri- fold board when we get our partner the following day, which was tomorrow.

I took a seat at my computer desk and began typing away. As I typed, I thought about today. My third year in high school. It wasn’t as bad as it always was in movies, everyone knew me, I wasn't popular, but I also wasn't invisible.

My fingers came to a stop on the keyboard as the one thing that bugged me the most traveled back into my mind.

Two words: Alex Shavo.

Another two words: stalker alert!

The whole day, I felt his eyes on me. Yes, you heard me. Me, Ginger Lockwood caught the “bad boy’s” attention.

Wait!

I halted my thoughts. Me, Ginger Lockwood caught the ‘bad boy’s’ attention? I probably had something on my back and he didn't know whether to tell me.

I inwardly laugh at myself for even thinking I had “sexually” caught Alex Shavo’s attention.

Pff! I begin to type again, but stop as I heard a soft knock at my door.

“I'm in here.” I yell to the person behind the wood. I spin around in my chair to see Grey and Antony. My favorite twin brothers. Well actually, my only twin brothers. They were identical, but I seemed to be the only one that could tell them apart, including my parents and some of my tías [ aunts ].

“Hi, I haven't seen you all day!” Grey jokes. He was the “funny” one in our family, but also strict when it came to me.

“Really? That's funny, I thought we went to the same school.” I say, riding along with his little game. He was a senior and I was a Junior. Antony and Grey were both seventeen while I was fifteen, about to be sixteen in less than three months!

Antony, who was positioned on the threshold of my door, watching us, pushes himself up with one shoulder and walks over to where we were.

“How was your first day of school Pumpkin?” He always called my that, because of my red hair. I twirl in my chair, scratching my head as if I was thinking.

My head begins to swirl and I almost topple over.

Grey stops my chair and Antony pulls me up out the chair. What are brothers for? “It was, well...school!” I respond once I am steady.

Antony smirks at my answer, “did you meet any friends?” He asks leading me to my doorway.

“No- wait where are we going?” We had reached my doorway and Grey and Antony both held one of my hands.

“To watch a movie sis!” Grey says annoyed, “we always watch a movie on the day of the first day of school.”

“Yeah, before mamá nos llama a cenar.” [ mama calls us down for dinner ]. Antony adds pouting. They were such babies at times.

I smile at both of them, “well this time, Mr. Roger decided to be productive by giving us a project that I have to research.”

I pull my hands from both of their hold.

“Oh, sorry to hear that. We know how Mr. Roger can be. Is he really still trying to win that best math teacher title?”

I shake my ‘yes.’ “Unfortunately.”

They both laugh a heartedly laugh, and I join in, “maybe after cena [ supper ] we can watch that movie!”

I shake my head ‘yes’ again and watch as they leave my room.

Welp, back to my computer I go.

_____________

“Ginger, baja las escaleras, ¡la cena está lista!” [ Ginger, come down stairs, dinner is ready ]

That was my father, he was like the food alarm. He’s a big man with a big appetite, eat anything if it’s edible.

I run down the stairs to meet everyone in the kitchen, which consisted of my dos tías, mis padres y mi hermano [ two aunts, my parents and my brothers ].

We all gather around our table and pray, then indulge in the food my mother and tías [ aunts ] have cooked.

Thirty minutes later, my plate was clean and my stomach, full. I excuse myself from the table and approach the kitchen sink. I lay my plate in the sink, along with my dirty cup and fork. Walking back over to the table, I give my mother and each of my tías [ aunts ] a kiss on the cheek.

“Gracias mamá y tía por la comida, ¡sabía tan bien!” [ Thank you mama and auntie for the food, it tasted so nice! ] my mother nods at the compliment and I rush up the stairs, back to my room.

_____________

It was somewhere between eight and nine pm when I had finished my research. It was also around the time I received the first ‘ding’ from my phone.

I skip over my bed, heading towards my night stand where my phone laid, plugged in.

I pick it up and open the notification.

It was a message from someone through Instagram, probably another thirsty DM that's begging to be blocked. But the sad part was, it wasn't guys who were sliding into my Instagram DMs. It was girls. Desperate girls trying to get a date with my brothers through me. How ridiculous!

I open the request, my thumb hovering above the red ‘decline' button. But I stopped, it wasn't a thirst message.

It was different.

It said: Hey, you go to Bullet High school, right? I saw you today, Ginger... am I right?

Now you may be wondering why I choose to click ‘accept’ instead.

Oh wait, didn't I tell you? I accepted the message.