~Chapter 14~

I haven’t seen Alex at all today and I was beginning to fill with worry. It was strange, where could he have run off to?

While walking towards the cafeteria, I wonder why he said he would see me at school last night, if he wasn’t going to be present.

I shake my head, trying to erase that night altogether. It was a strange night. For God's sake, I think Alex tried to...kiss me.

I find myself in a long line that leads up to the food court. I relax as I was ensured the long wait that laid ahead.  

“Ginger!”

I turn at the sound of my name, and was surprised to see Alex jogging over to me.

I smile quite widely at his own smile.

Once he reaches me I playfully punched him in the arm. He pouts, acting as if the contact I made with his arm was hard.

“Where have you been?” I question, to which he didn’t answer. Instead, he intwins our fingers and start to pull me out the cafeteria. By now, I’ve realized that we were the center attention and all eyes rested on us. Even my brothers.

We reach the cafeteria doors and I push it open and together we left.

Just like that, no destination in mind, honestly I just wanted to leave those judging eyes behind. To which we do. Walking out the school, I decide to ask Alex where we were heading to.

He shrugs and I nod, not knowing where we could go. I haven’t been to a lot of places in New York, mostly because Antony didn’t want me thinking I could wonder around like a… what was that word? I forgot.

“I don't know, but do you want to go get some food?”

I nod at his question, to which he smiles. I look down as his smile infiltrates my beating heart. It was so pretty and sweet and just so nice!

It was hard to just look away from his piercing green eyes, now his smile?

“Hey.”

I look up.

“I said do you want to go to McDonald's or Burger King?”

I think about which one of my choices to choose, as we enter his car.

I mean no other fast food restaurant makes fries like McDonald's, but I was in the mood for a good burger.

“How about we order fries from McDonald's and get a burger from Burger King?” I suggest.

He smiles, “sure babe.”

Again I blush at the name, I want him to call me that more.