~Chapter 20~

I close my eyes, attempting to fall asleep, only to have my stomach growl me back to looking at the ceiling of my room. I roll my eyes, it wouldn't quit!

I had skipped dinner, wanting to avoid Antony. What he had said about Alex didn't stop running through my head and I couldn't believe he would say something like that.

Rape?

Alex would never do that and I knew for a fact. He was my friend. And friends don't do that.

I take a quick glance at my alarm clock. Eight o’clock pm.

Sighing, I stand from my bed and walk over to my door. I couldn't take it anymore, I’m starving.

I open my door- ready to exit- but stop as I hear my phone go off.

It could be Alex!

I run over back to my bed and scoop my phone up with that thought in mind.

Before opening the notification, I remember that Alex didn’t have my phone number. I frown at the thought, but open it anyway.

Instagram, user: anonymous098711

anonymous09871: Hey, Ginger. I’m sorry about what happened with your brothers and I. Meet up? It's okay if you don't want to, seeing how last night went. I’m sorry, I shouldn't have been trying to do that.

I squint in confusion, who-

The phone buzz, receiving another message.

anonymous098711: it's Alex by the way…

My mouth opens slightly in shock. For some reason, I felt as if I already knew, but seeing it, I believe.

Me: Alex! Wait- what do you mean by you shouldn't have been trying to do that? What were you trying do?

I wait in anticipation as he types, the thought of him actually trying to take advantage of me later entering my train of thoughts. I grip my phone tightly, I'm the process of trying to rebuild my faith in him.

He wouldn't do that, Ginger, I repeated in my head, but I couldn’t maybe wonder if Antony might of been…. right.

Me: Were you trying to rape me that night?

anonymous098711: No, what?

Me: Then why were you trying to get me drunk?

I didn't get an immediate response, but my phone rings minutes later.

anonymous098711: Honestly, I believed that we’d get to know each other better. You never really talk about yourself to me and I thought getting you drunk was my only option.

Me: so you weren't trying to rape me?

anonymous098711: Ginger wtf, no!

Me: what's wtf?

anonymous098711: nothing, I wasn't trying to, you- know- what. Why would you even think that?

Me: It was Antony. He said it!

anonymous098711: okay, okay. Still, can we meet up?

Without a second thought, I accepted.

Me: Yeah, but can we get some food, and maybe you’ll get to know me.

anonymous098711: yes, i'd like that!