( t h r e e )

EDITED... MOSTLY

( t h r e e )

Surprisingly, I acutally stayed true to my word and did not run when I had the chance. Percy didn't look like he totally trusted me, but he didn't say anything else in protest.

Chiron brought me to a sitting room, where there was a leapord's head hanging the wall. I was a little creeped out by that, especially when Chiron tossed it a few Snausages - the head actually ate them - but I didn't ask, thinking that I just didn't want to know.

I sat down in the closest chair and watched as Chiron started stuffing his horse body into a wheelchair that should have been far too small. First he stepped in with his back legs, compressing himself into the chair, then folded his front legs in as well. A pair of fake human legs covered in a blank popped up to conceal the empty space. I blinked.

"So," started Chiron like this was completely normal. "What's your story? I'm sure it's interesting."

I hesitated, biting my lip. I wasn't sure how much I wanted to tell him. Should I explain how I was either a... three-quarter blood or a god? If I was a god, I didn't even know what I was the god of. I was just sort of... there.

So I decided to begin with the simple stuff. "Well," I started, "I've pretty much lived in the forest all my life and the godly part of my family pretty much ignored me all my life." That much was true, at least.

"You knew about the godly side of your family?" Chiron asked disbelievingly.

I hesitated again. "Sort of," I said after a second or two. "I knew that they existed but I didn't know know who my godly parent is. I still don't know."

Chiron frowned pensively. "How do you come to know about your godly parent, without knowing who they are?" He asked.

I bit my lip with intent to kill. After a moment or two I decided not to tell anyone about my strange parentage. It would just cause questions and confusion. So, instead, I told him, "Well... like I said, I've lived in the forest my whole life, really, though never the same forest, because I always travel. But one day, a year or so ago, there was just this... voice telling me everything. It explained how all the Greek myths are real, and that I'm a demigod, only the voice didn't tell me who my godly parent was. My weapons appeared at my feet. From then on, I've fought monsters as I travel."

Chiron nodded thoughtfully. "When and why did you start traveling?" He asked.

I shrugged, my mind whirring to come up with a suitable lie. It had to be something plausible, something normal - well, the demigod equivalent of normal, at least.

"Around when I was thirteen," I said a second later, "I ran away then. Things at home were too complicated. I used a regular knife for hunting, though I didn't do much killing. I brought food and money with me, so I mostly just bought what I needed."

Chiron seemed to run over my words in his head before he nodded yet again. "Okay. You'll be staying in the Hermes cabin, then, until you're claimed. Hermes is the gods of thieves, travellers, merchants, and a lot of other things. Once you're claimed, you'll stay in that god or goddess' cabin. By the way, is your mortal parent your mom or your dad?"

"My mom is mortal," I lied. It was just the first thing that came out of my mouth, so I'd have to try extra hard to remember that lie in case someone asked me.

Without saying another word, Chiron stood, his horse half emerging easily from the wheelchair, and headed out the door to the hallway, where everyone but Blondie (obviously) was waiting.

"Chiron," Annabeth said immediately, ignoring me, "can Percy and I talk to you?"

Chiron nodded (seriously, what was with him and nodding?). "Why don't you Seven - or should I say Six? - come, and I'll fill you in. Clarisse, could you give Jason some ambrosia?" He directed.