( s i x )

( s i x )

Honestly, I didn't really feel safe sleeping amongst the Hermes children, but I did nonetheless. I woke early in the morning - probably sometime around five - prepared myself for the day, and headed outside. The sun hadn't rose yet, so dark was still enveloping me, but I could see everything just fine. It was probably the Artemis, the natural hunter in me.

I wandered placidly around the sleeping camp, winding my way around the occasional large building that popped up, until I heard the faint neighing of pegasi (?) and followed the sound to the stables.

Once I located it, I cautiously swung open the door and looked inside. Horses and pegasi alike were in roomy stalls that lined the massive building. Some stalls had labels that included not only the horse's or pegasus's name, but also their usual rider, but quite a few had no rider's name. There was an empty stall that had Percy's name on it (Blackjack was the horse or pegasus).

I walked through the rows of animals, occasionally talking to them and getting a response (I am a daughter of Poseidon) until I reached a midnight black pegasus with a perfectly white crescent moon on it's forehead. It's whole body seemed to glimmer with stars. As soon as I stopped in front of it, the horses and pegasi became silent.

I immediately wondered if it was a gift from my parents, because Poseidon created horses and Artemis was the moon goddess. Nonetheless, I read the name (Luna) and saw that it had no rider's name next to it.

"Hey, girl," (I had decided it was a girl because of the name) I said softly, my voice cutting through the silent night. As if on cue, the horses regained their neighing.

Hello, miss, Luna replied. Do you want a ride?

That would be great, I replied to her mentally, but can I ask you something first?

Sure thing, miss, she replied with good nature.

Are you a gift from my parents? Poseidon and Artemis, I mean.

That I am.

Knew it. Can we go now.

Go ahead.

So I gently unlocked Luna's gate and let her clomp out in front of me, backing up to give her space.

I mounted Luna and patted her neck. I'd learned from experience that pegasi didn't really like saddles.

As soon as we were out of the stable, Luna spread her wings and took off into the sky. I immediately did a quick prayer to Zeus. He usually didn't blast me out of the sky but hey, I had to be sure.

After that was done, I released my hair from the knot that was now flopping onto my back and enjoyed the flying sensation.

Luna took me all around Long Island without a single prompting from me, flying perfectly and smoothly.

When we reached camp again, Luna set down in the middle of the cabins, startling a few tired-looking campers. We made our way at a leisurely trot back to the stables, where I dismounted and let Luna roam free. She'd come back.

Then I took it upon myself to find Annabeth, who turned out to be waiting for me in front of the Athena cabin.

She jumped to her feet right away. "Good, you're here," She said, "shall we fight now, then?"

I nodded and followed her until we reached what was obviously the arena. No one was there except Percy, who was slashing and jabbing at dummies.

"That's Roman," I said automatically, "the jabbing." Don't ask me how I knew. I just sort of knew different fighting styles.

"Yeah," He said. "I uh... I picked it up at the Roman camp. Along with this." He showed me the inside of his arm, which was marked with a trident, and "SPQR".

I nodded mildly. "You want to watch our fight?" I asked.

"Wouldn't miss it," Percy replied easily.

Annabeth and I readied ourselves, standing a few feet apart. Then we circled for a few seconds before I slashed out, only to have her parry at the last second. After that, Annabeth and I got going, and we were just a blur of blades. Our weapons clashed every few seconds, both ducking, dodging, slashing, and parrying.

Neither of us got the upper hand.

"Woah, guys," Percy said, interrupting us. We both came to a halt, pushing hair from out eyes and panting. "You two looked lethal. Calm down."

I capped Arch and Annabeth sheathed her dragon-bone sword.

"How are you such a good sword fighter? You're great at archery and hand-to-hand. That usually doesn't happen. It's like you're more than half-god," Annabeth joked, tightening her collapsing ponytail.

I knew she wasn't serious, but I couldn't help but grow nervous. "Ha," I said softly. "Sure. I've just had a lot of practice."

"So have I, though," Annabeth said. "I was running and fighting for a while too. And then I've been training since I was seven..."

Percy rolled his eyes. "You're overthinking this, Wise Girl. She just has a knack for both."

"Seaweed Brain," Annabeth retorted.

I was extremely relieved to have the spotlight off me, and that I hadn't been discovered.

Part of me knew, though, that it was only a matter of time. Either I'd have to leave camp, run away, or they'd eventually find out that I wasn't normal. I wasn't left with many options; I had already said I was a normal demigod, when I was far from it.

A/N: Short, but I'm on a roll. Don't question it.

-----Hunter