( f o u r )

EDITED (SPELLING AND GRAMMAR)

( f o u r )

I was immediately wary of the two brothers. They seemed just like the pranking type, and me being a new camper, I wouldn't know how to avoid them, especially if I would be staying in the same cabin as them. It also didn't help that I wasn't up-to-date at all with modern things. I had no idea what they could do, but I followed them nonetheless. What choice did I have, really?

We stopped at a fairly traditional-looking, wooden cabin - number eleven.

"And here," Said Travis.

"Is the Hermes cabin-"

"Where you will be staying."

I ignored them and tentatively walked up to the door, pulling it open and looking inside. The cabin was absolutely packed full of bunks, sleeping bags, campers, and the campers' things. By the looks of it, there would barely be enough room for me.

A bunch of the campers inside looked up at my arrival and sighed at me.

"Regular or undetermined?" One girl asked warily from a bunk.

Conner shrugged. "Undetermined, I'm pretty sure. She didn't really say."

"I haven't been claimed yet, if that's what you're asking me," I told the two brothers. "Does that mean undetermined?"

"Yeah. You should've been claimed by now, it's weird... but you'll be claimed soon. Probably at, like, the campfire or something," Travis said, looking like his mind was elsewhere.

Then he glanced over to his brother. "Dude, I have a prank, c'mon!"

The two brothers disappeared (not literally), leaving me awkwardly standing in the doorway with no idea what to do.

"Umm... Hello?" I muttered.

The fair-haired girl who had spoken before gestured halfheartedly over to a vacant spot on the floor with only a sleeping bag on it. I bit my lip, swallowing an insult.

"Thanks," I said, a hint of sarcasm colouring my tone. I didn't have anything to put there, and I didn't have anything to do, so I awkwardly turned to leave, only to find that the girl was calling me back.

"My name is Dana. I'll show you around, if you want," she offered, rising from her bunk and capping a pen, which she tossed back onto her pillow.

"Sure, why not?" I agreed, waiting for her to reach me before continuing out the door and down the porch steps.

"You're the leader," I said with a big exhale, "where to?"

"Mess? It's dinner soon, anyways."

I hadn't realized how late it was, but, sure enough, the sun was beginning it's descent in the sky, or, in other words, Apollo's chariot was nearing the end of it's daily routine. So, around five or six im the afternoon.

I followed Dana past arenas and buildings of all kinds until we stopped at a grid of tables lined by white Grecian pillars. There was no roof above us, just wide blue sky.

"What if it rains?" I asked her immediately. Always the practical one, me.

Dana chuckled softly. "It doesn't rain here. Magic borders, keeps out the weather and monsters," she explained, leading me through the maze of tables until we reached one that looked no different from the others.

While we waited for everyone else to arrive, I surveyed the pavilion-type thing.There were metal braziers places strategically around, each filled with crackling fire. The four pillars looked jarringly random, with the lack of a roof and all. I counted twenty tables in all, and a sort of podium at one end.

"When we get our food," Dana instructed, gesturing to the closest brazier, "We burn part of our meal as an offering to the gods. Don't forget."

I nodded wordlessly as people started to trickle in, each taking a place at different tables. Within minutes, our table was packed to the point where half my butt was hanging off the side of the bench, and there were two more people to come still - Conner and Travis.

The said twins squeezed in, each on opposite sides, and I slid even further off the bench until I was nearly on the floor. I ground my teeth together in annoyance, planting my feet to keep myself from falling.

I tuned out the rest of the talking (Chiron said stuff) until he told us to go ahead and eat. I looked down at my empty plate and cup in front of me, unsure.

Dana laughed lightly and told me, "Tell the plate what you want. It works, trust me."

So I uncertainly ordered a salad heaped with fruits and vegetables and all kinds of different greens. It appeared instantly. For my drink, I just stuck with water.

I followed Dana up to the nearest brazier and scraped part of my salad into the fire, watching it be consumed by the flames. The scent that arose was positively delicious - s'mores, and cookies, things I rarely got to enjoy in the forest.

I walked back to my seat, only to find that there was no room left for me to sit down. Angrily, I looked around until I spotted Percy sitting at a nearly empty table across from a Cyclops, by the looks of it.

So I brought my plate over there and plopped down next to him.

Maybe not a great idea to sit with the guy who's was trying to kill me earlier, but I didn't really care at the moment.

"Hi," I said shortly, stuffing some salad into my mouth.

Percy looked up at me, mildly shocked. "Um... hi? Why are you here?"

I shrugged. "No room at my table," I said simply.

Percy started to say something in response, but I cut him off, looking at the Cyclops. "Hello. I'm Adara, what's your name?" I asked. I didn't really have a problem with him being here; in my travels I'd come across the odd monster or two who weren't really all that bad.

"I am Tyson. Percy's brother!" He said the last part proudly, puffing his chest. Like he needed to be any bigger.

Percy nodded. "Yeah. But, Adara, can I ask you something?"

I nodded back. "Go right ahead."

"Who are you?"

A/N:
New cover made by reachingformorex! I love it! I'll dedicate a chapter to her eventually.

-----Hunter

P.S picture is the cover I made. I like it too, but not as much as reachingformorex's.