13. Agreements

"Sit." Gavrilo waves in the direction of an armchair, already walking around the broad desk to take a seat himself. There's a laptop to his right, and the metallic surface shines brightly in the sunlight, though most of it is held back by the light curtains that block the windows. Only a small gap allows the sun inside.

After Gavrilo has sat down, I follow his example. The large cushions welcome me, feeling as if they were about to engulf my whole body. The brown leather is soft on my skin. I fold my hands in my lap, waiting.

"So, let's drop the submission for a moment. I'm interested in you, and so there's some stuff that I'd like to discuss if that's alright with you."

"Yes, Master Kemp," I reply and he laughs.

"I said drop the submission, man. You can call me Gav, or Gavrilo if you're more comfortable with that. I want us to get along. You should know you can trust me and that there'll be times when you can just talk to me, like normal."

I take a deep breath before raising my gaze to his face. His smile widens when he notices, and it's really a genuinely friendly smile that makes me instinctively warm up to him. I frown, but his eyes keep sparkling nonetheless. He looks so nice - like the kind of guy that mothers would swoon over so he might agree to meet their daughters.

When he tilts his head, his light brown curls fall into his face.

"I know this can be weird at first, but it gets more comfortable."

"Yes-" I bite back the 'Master Kemp', though I think he noticed. His eyes wrinkle amused, and I look back down at my hands. I'm supposed to get close to him, but I doubt being eager would help.

"Anyways," he says lightly. "I'd like you to move in with me. I understand that you still have to work, so I'll have my driver drop you off and take you back, and of course, we can agree on some days that you can have for yourself."

His voice rises at the end, indicating that this is completely up for discussion. I really don't mind, though. After all, it's not like I've got much of a life of my own. I should invest some time into Mike's private life every now and then, but other than that, I'd love to just concentrate on being Gavrilo's sub.

"Sounds great. If I can like get a day or two off every now and then to let my friends know I'm still alive, I'm good." I glance up. He's still regarding me intently. "Also, I don't need a driver. I can find my way around."

Gavrilo shakes his head. "That one's not up for discussion. If you want to stay with me, there'll be someone watching you all the time. I think you've noticed that I'm in a business where bodyguards are needed. That's one of the reasons most subs dropped me, and I won't be angry if you can't do this."

"You'll just kick me out," I conclude. Gavrilo shrugs. "It's fine, I can live with a babysitter."

"I wouldn't call it that," he chuckles, hiding his lips behind a hand. He regards me affectionately for a moment, and I decide it's better to concentrate on my fingers again. "My guys are discreet. They're not going to listen in your conversations or anything unless they can't help but overhear, but there's always going to be someone watching you. You'll probably not even notice, but I heard that's what's most unnerving about it."

"I'll have to see about that, just-" I make a dramatic pause and look up at him while keeping my head down. "I'm not being dragged into anything illegal, right?"

Gavrilo stills. Slowly, he leans forward in his chair to put his elbows on the table, then folds his hands. He presses his thumbs together.

"No," he says firmly. "But believe me that some things that are legal here can be illegal somewhere else, and also the other way around. So when you're doing business all over the world, it gets tricky. There are also some people who think their justice is better than state laws, and when those people have the means to act upon those beliefs-"

His voice trails off.

"Anyway," he starts again with a light tone, brushing off the tension. He puts his hands flat down on the table. "You don't have anything to worry about. It's not like anything ever happens, but better safe than sorry, hm?"

"Guess so."

"Great. If there's anything you need from your place, just tell me. Otherwise, my driver's just going to bring you back here after work."

I nod.

"So, uh, another thing was; I heard you went out this morning? Jogging? Do you work out often?"

I refrain from lifting my eyebrows questioningly. While he said I don't need to be submissive for now, I doubt he's going to like the insolence. Still, I wonder how he can ask that while having my naked body right in front of him.

"Every day. I get up after seven hours of sleep, then go for a run. Usually around half an hour, sometimes more. Then some training at home, the stretching... I'm also pretty set on my breakfast routine, so it would be great if I could keep that."

"So no food deprivation, then," he muses, finally showing me that smirk that I had expected to see quite a while ago already. I gnaw at my bottom lip. I don't want to tell him off, but I really need my morning routine.

"It's just, it helps me stay grounded. After-" I gulp, playing with my fingers. He's probably looked into Mike's background before, but Mike wouldn't know, wouldn't even suspect. "See, I lost my parents couple years ago, and so I went to some therapy afterwards and I'm fine now and everything, but I started that routine like a month after they died and it just helps keep me grounded."

"I understand. And I'm sorry for your loss," he says softly. I glance up to see him look genuinely affected by my confession. He's either a great actor, which he probably is, or he's the nicest crime boss this world has ever seen. I doubt it's the latter.

"Mike, I'm not going to push you around. You know best how to take care of your life, and so do I. I want someone to take my mind off things, easy as that, and I want to do the same for you."

He's really good.

"Just message me a list of what foods you need and I'll make sure we've got everything here. Do you think it's enough if you get like two hours every morning?"

"Probably, yeah."

Gavrilo leans back with a sigh, stroking his cleanly shaven cheeks. "We'll make that the general rule, then. You'll always inform me when you will be ready for me before going to bed, and if you fail to do so sufficiently, you will be punished."

His eyelids drop slightly as he says the last words, and I wonder if both of us are thinking about the same thing. I can literally hear the sound his belt had made when he'd drawn it from his pants. Gavrilo's green eyes hold me captive, and my breathing quickens.

"I think your mind is somewhere else, Mike," he grins, nodding towards my crotch where an obvious reaction is taking place. He pushes himself up and to his feet. "Bend over the table, my little liar."