Chapter 7

I was in darkness, for what seemed like an eternity. Until, one day, there was a bright light, one that caused me to close my eyes in discomfort.

Wait, eyes?

With this thought, I opened my eyes once more. I thought I was still a SOUL, but for some reason, I was no longer just a SOUL. Someone had given me a body. After years of being a disembodied SOUL, I had a body. This time when I opened my eyes, I stretched out my arms to feel where I was. I seemed to be suspended in some kind of liquid, though I could still breathe. There was also a glass structure keeping me suspended in the liquid. When I peered through the liquid, I could see what looked like machines and a large, lizard like creature. The lizard was human sized and a yellow color, wearing a white lab coat and glasses. Right in front of the tube, with their back turned to me, was someone who was the same height as the lizard; only his head what white and he wore a blue jacket.

As I hit the glass, there was a small tapping sound that echoed throughout the tube. Both the lizard and man, who I realized was a skeleton turned to face me, surprise lit over their features as the lizard ran over to the tube. She pressed a few buttons that I couldn't see and the water began to drain. When water got bellow my face, I noticed I was wearing some kind of mask, which I figured was why I could breathe under the water. I had to lean against the glass, as my legs weren't strong enough to carry my full weight. The lid to the tube was opened and I felt a pulling at my SOUL, though, I was being lifted into the air and onto the ground.

"Oh my gosh! She's okay! She's not hurt!" I tried to take off the mask, but I wasn't strong enough. The lizard noticed and took it off for me, gently. "H-here. L-let me get that for you, H-Harmony." Harmony? Was she talking to me? Once she got the mask off, I rubbed my now sore jaw.

"W-who are you?"

"O-oh! I-I'm Alphys! W-we never really m-met while you were a-alive, Harmony."

"Man, am I glad to see you alive again, kiddo," the skeleton said, clapping my back gently.

"W-what are you talking about...? Who's Harmony...? My name's Integrity." They exchanged a look of distress.

"T-that isn't a-actually your nam-name," Alphys said. "T-there was a m-missing part in y-your SOUL and it ca-caused you to forget s-some things. L-like your name."

The skeleton clapped me on my back lightly. "It'll come back kiddo. It always does."

"W-wait... M-my name is Harmony...?"

"Yeah," the skeleton said, "It's slowly coming back with Justine. By the way, my name's Sans."

"San...s?"

"Yup. I'm also a COMIC too." He winked and Alphys groaned. I was confused on what he was talking about, so all I did was blink.

"Sans, no. She just woke up," Alphys said sternly. "No puns. Ever."

"Okay okay," Sans said. Alphys helped me stand, taking my hands gently.

"W-we need to ch-check your body t-too make sure it's-it's working properly." I nodded, a bit slow due to my brain trying comprehend what I had just been told. Sans stayed behind while Alphys took me to a room near the back. The room was pure white with a silver tray filled with various tools spread on it. The tray was resting near a small, empty metal table. Alphys helped me onto the cold, hard metal table then began to examine my body with various tools. I noticed that I was wearing a thin white dress of sorts that covered most of my torso and limbs. Once she was done, Alphys handed me some new clothes, telling me I should put them on. As I finished putting them on, the door opened and Sans walked in.