II - 10

In the course of the following year, things returned to pretty much how they were when Rei first joined the gang. They continued joggling their second year of University with their everyday jobs. Aotaki moved back to the house the next day she and Jimin got back together and they went back to being the sickeningly sweet couple they were before and without a care in the world of the others' opinions.

They were three months into that year and Jungkook kept having sudden flashbacks of the time he was compelled. Every night he'd remember a new day and every day after the revelations he'd avoid Rei more and more, keeping their interactions to a minimum which meant that ultimately he'd be avoiding Taehyung as well. He was ashamed of facing his hyung anyway but he didn't want to make anyone suspicious.

However, Taehyung figured it out the second Jungkook stopped looking Rei into her eyes when he'd answer her questions, every reply getting vaguer each time. The two best friends have been unseparated for the past three months, playing together and helping each other out at the club and talking about Kook's latest conquests jokingly, so to see him stop all of that was concerning.

It was when he started avoiding Taehyung as well that the older stepped in, deciding to have a small chat with the younger and help him as much as he could. The only way he could get Jungkook to get past it was to face Rei and talk about the unfortunate and embarrassing events.

And so, on a Friday night before the club would open for the young college students ready to find their partners for the night or maybe life, Taehyung took his girlfriend by the hand and went downstairs to the bar to see Jungkook busying himself with some boxes of hard liquor, filling in the blank spaces under the counter.

Although Rei protested at first because she knew how uncomfortable the maknae would be when they'd bring that up, she caved easily when Taehyung convinced her that it was the best solution to get it over with.

At the sounds of footsteps approaching the aisle, Jungkook looked over the counter to see the pair heading towards him and tried to tiptoe his way to the back room, walking like a dwarf to avoid getting caught but he didn't realize that they'd see the door getting open when he pushed it and that caused Taehyung to call his name for attention.

"Jungkook-ah, wait a minute." They walked around the bar to get to the small entryway and past the small barrier. "We have to talk."

"Um, about what?" Jungkook said as soon as he was at the same height level as the two.

"I know." The older sighed, a hand pinching the bridge of his nose as he exhaled a little louder than he wanted.

"Know what?" He stalled again. He really didn't enjoy being put on the spot and especially about this subject.

"Jungkook! Stop playing. We need to talk about this." Taehyung said sternly, frowning at the boy's stubbornness.

"There is nothing to talk about. I screwed up and that's it. I'm sorry." Jungkook said, leaning back against the door as he took in a deep breath.

"You didn't screw up anything. Jungkook, this stuff happen and it's not your fault, okay? It's nobody's fault. I'm not mad and neither is she. Just talk to us, please." Taehyung tried convincing the younger.

"But there really is nothing to talk about. I had a small crush on her the first few months she joined us, before you two got serious and I kept it to myself because there was no reason to voice it out and possibly break you guys apart when I saw how much you liked each other." Jungkook glanced at Rei shortly to see her throwing him a look of pity which only lit up a spark of anger in him before he averted his eyes to Taehyung who was trying to look as if those words hadn't been heard.