NINETEEN

"Kimora! Come on!" Audrey shouted as Tyler honked the horn for the fifth time.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back at them. They were so impatient. I shifted my attention back to Jaxon. I was leaving from Jaxon's house today. He was in tip-top shape and my mother called, telling me that I need to come home because I've been out for too long and I needed to continue my punishment. It was saddening but, I know Jaxon needs a break from me and I do from him.

"You're welcome to come back anytime, Kitten." He winked.

I rolled my eyes but, a smile was still on my face. "I'm never going to."

He laughed. "My door is always open." He held out his hand and I looked at the keycard before looking at him confused. "In case I hurt myself again." He shrugged. I felt that he was giving me it for an alternative reason judging from the smile on his face.

I hesitantly took the keycard away from his hand. "Okay then."

"See you at school, Kitten."

I smiled, feeling a bit shy. "See you at school, Captain Douche."

Tyler honked his horn again and I spun around, glaring at him. "I'm coming okay?!"

***

"See you tomorrow, Kitten." Audrey waved as they pulled off. I shook my head, heading into my house. I knew my parents were home from the cars in the driveway. I didn't want to be bombarded with questions because I knew they were going to come. I'm pretty sure I smelt like Jaxon too and I had to take a shower before I ran into anyone. Sadly and oddly, Dad had a good nose.

I quickly walked through my house and took one step on the stairs.

"Oh, hey Kimora!"

You've gotta be kidding me.

I turned around to my Dad who was walking from out of his office. Why couldn't he just stay in there for a little while longer?

I put a fake smile on my face. "Hey..." I said awkwardly, slowly proceeding my way up the stairs. The quicker I got out here, the quicker I could take a shower and avoid getting in trouble.

"How did everything go with Audrey?" He asked.

I waved my hand. "Everything went well."

"That's good." He raised an eyebrow, noticing that I was nearly at the top of the stairs. "What are you in a rush for?"

"Uhm..."

Come on, Kimora! Think of an excuse!

"I... need to get started on homework! Caleb said... he um... had dropped off my homework for me so I'm going to go do it after I take a shower. Okay! Bye!" I lifted my foot to run off.

"Wait."

I sighed, turning back to my Dad. He definitely was going to suspect something was up. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the punishment that I was going to get. "It'll just be you and Matthew tonight. Your Mother and I were called back to work and won't be back till later on tonight." I raised an eyebrow, taken back. I guess I wasn't going to get in trouble.

"Okay, see you later." I smiled and he nodded before his face twisted in confusion. "It smells like a rainforest in here."

I coughed. "I wonder why. Love you! Have fun!" I waved and quickly sprinted off to the safety of my room, shutting the door behind me. I thought back to what I said and mentally facepalmed myself. Have fun? Really me?