FIFTY-FOUR

KIMORA

"I'm going to sue to school for not scheduling winter break this week," Mare stated, slamming her locker.

Audrey groaned. "Tell me about it."

"What are you talking about, school is fun!" Kamila chirped while all of us only deadpanned her. She smiled awkwardly. "Okay, maybe that's just me. Subject change! Kimora's birthday is in two weeks!"

I hit her arm and she winced. "Ow. That hurt."

Abella gasped, shaking my shoulders. "OH MY GOODNESS WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER SO I COULD HAVE A ROMANTIC GETAWAY PLANNED!?"

"Um... I wasn't really planning on doing anything. I was fine with just doing something simple with you guys."

They all looked at me like I grew two heads. "Yeah right! We're celebrating your birthday. We're going to go out and shake some ass!" Mare started dancing and I shook my head. "Christmas is five days from mine. I think everyone could save their money and I doubt some of you would be here from traveling."

Abella's shoulder slouched. "Oh yeah... I have to go back to France because my Dad needed me to celebrate it with my brother."

"And I gotta go to Atlanta too." Mare sighed.

Audrey raised an eyebrow. "Why don't you just stay back?"

She scoffed. "My Mama never takes no for an answer nor does my grandmother unless you want your soul to be slapped out of you."

"Damn. That's tough."

"Yep."

"What about you Audrey?" I asked and she shrugged. "Tyler asked if I could go to Trinidad with him to meet his family on his mother's side."

"Awww...." We all cooed and Audrey's face got slightly red, looking away from us. "I-I'm just going because I'm not going with my mother and step-father to wherever they are trying to take me."

"Mhm." I teased and she glared at me. How I love the rare moments when I get to mess with her.

"I'm going to miss you guys." I smiled, my heart feeling slightly heavy to see they all were actually going to leave. I'll for sure miss them. The only person wasn't leaving was Kamila since we're obviously family and neither of our parents wanted to travel seeing we just got back from Belize.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to Adam. I smiled softly but, he didn't return it for the first time. It slightly made me worried and I realized his face was unreadable but, I pushed the thought aside. "Oh, hey Adam."

"We need to talk."

"About wha-" Before I could finish my sentence, he grabbed my wrist and tugged me away from everyone else. I tripped over my feet several times as he proceeded to go towards the haunted hallway. "What's up with you?"

He didn't say a word. I attempted trying to pull my arm back but, his grip got firmer. "Let me go." He didn't until we made it pretty far down the hall and into one of the abandoned classrooms. It was dark, dusty and had a musty smell to it. After releasing me, he started to pace back and forth in front of the door. Each step made me more nervous than the last.

"Adam, what's wrong?"

He took a deep breath, finally stopping from his pacing and looking at me. Disbelief and anger swirling in his eyes. Knots started to form in the pit of my stomach. "What's wrong? Have you not noticed a single thing since I've been here?"