Chapter 34: Gildarts

Later, at the guild. While Lucy converses with Wendy and Carla, bells ring to announce the arrival of Fairy Tail's strongest Mage, Gildarts Clive, who just returned from a hundred-year quest. Above Magnolia, flying microphones tell everyone that Magnolia is to activate the Gildarts Shift and order everyone to go to their designated places. Back at the guild, everyone hears the announcement. The whole city moves and shifts it position so that a clear and straight path leads straight to Fairy Tail. Gildarts finally walks in and asks Mira where Fairy Tail is. Mira explains that he is in Fairy Tail and who she is. Gildarts suddenly remembers her and comments about the guild being new when Natsu suddenly jumps from the stairs and challenges him to a fight. Gildarts catches him in one hand and throws him to the ceiling, ending their "fight"

"You haven't changed a bit, Pops!" Snow chuckled.

"A Man among Men!" Elfman grinned.

"Hmm, there are some new faces too...Things really have changed" Gildarts said.

"Gildarts!" Master Makarov calls out to him.

"Oh, Master! Been a while!" Gildarts approaches the Master at the bar.

"How did the job go?" Master Makarov asked.

Gildarts thinks for a second. He begins to laugh out loud. Master Makarov stares at him with a serious face, lowering his head. "No good. It's too much for me."

Everyone is speechless and surprised when they hear his answer. The guild mates mutter things under his breath about his failure.

"Not even he could do it?!" Snow muttered.

"He has manly sense of knowing when to quit!" Elfman said.

"It's too much even for the most powerful wizard in Fairy Tail...?" Lucy thinks to herself "Just what is this one hundered year quest?"

"You're not ready for hundred year quests." Erza said. "Forget it."

"Did i look excited to you?!" Lucy points to herself in surprise.

"I see. Too much even for you." Master Makarov replied.

"Sorry. I've tarnished our name" Gildarts apologizes to the Master.

"No, your safe return is all that matters." Master Makarov brushes his words aside "To the best of my knowledge, you're the first to ever return from this quest alive." Gildarts grins at the Master.

"I'm leavin'. I need to rest" Gildarts leaves the bar so he can go to his house. "Whew, I'm beat." He sighs out loud "Natsu! Come by my place later i got a present for ya." Then he turns to Snow "You too as well, Snow. I have some information that you might wanna know" He laughs out loud "Well, see ya." He uses his Magic to blast through the wall.

"Oh, my..." Mira smiled.

"Use the door, will ya?!" Warren yelled.

"I wonder what information he has for me?" Snow thinks to himself "Is it about Acnologia?"

Genie looks at him "Something troubling you, Snow?" He asked

Snow smiled at him "It's nothing Genie, don't worry about me. We should just go see what information Gildarts has for us." Snow replied.

Genie continues to stare at him "I know something is troubling him, just what information does Gildarts have?"

"Wonder what the present is! I can't wait!" Natsu mimics Gildarts and uses his Magic to punch through the wall as well.

"Don't copy him!" Max yelled.

"Oh, my..." Mira said.

"Happy! Let's get going!" Natsu happily walks to Gildarts house.

Lucy asks Happy about Natsu and Gildarts' relationship. Happy tells her that Gildarts has taken a liking to Natsu and begins to recount the story from when he was just a little cat.

Meanwhile, Snow and Genie are walking to Gildarts house. Snow looks up at the sky.

"Acnologia..."
Past

"Black Dragon's Roar!" A younger Snow lets out a breath attack but it is smaller and weaker.

Acnologia chuckled "What's so funny, Acnologia?!" Snow shouted angrily.

"Come on Snow, that is not a full Dragon's Roar, watch this" Acnologia lets out his breath attack, destroying the trees in the process.

"Okay! Don't rub it in Dad!" Snow shouted again.

"Your dragon's roar will get powerful like that one day..." Acnologia said.

"Really?" Snow was getting excited now

"Really." Acnologia answered "Which reminds me, I have a task for you..."

"What sort of task?" Snow asked.

"One day Snow, I'll be gone. And I want you to destroy every Dragon Slayer that there is on the continent." Acnologia explained.

"But I'm a Dragon Slayer as well. Why do i have to destroy others like me?" Snow asked.

"That's why i am teaching you Dragon Slayer Magic, my boy. So you will be equally powered to them" Acnologia responded.

Present

Snow stopped "Task...? Kill all Dragon Slayers...?" Snow thinks to himself "I must be overthinking this..."

At Gildarts house...

Snow and Genie finally arrive at Gildarts' house. Natsu and Happy were already there "Great, now that we are all here. Natsu, have you and Lisanna been getting along while i have been gone?" Gildarts asked.

"Lisanna died." Natsu said then he attempts to leave.

"Natsu. Snow. While on my job...I met a dragon" Gildarts explained Natsu stopped and turned. "I don't think it's the red one you're looking for though. This one was a Black Dragon" He turns to Snow "I believe it was the dragon you're looking for..."

Snow stopped "A-Acnologia?!"

"Wh-Where?!" Natsu asked.

"On Mt. Zonia...I failed my job thanks to that thing" Gildarts replied.

Natsu turns to leave again saying that he will find this Black Dragon and ask him where Igneel is but Gildarts shows him the damage that the Dragon caused. "N-No...Acnologia would never do that to someone..." Snow said.

Gildarts continues to say that the Dragon is a enemy to humanity and that no human can defeat it but Natsu shouts that only Dragon Slayers can defeat Dragons and runs off. Happy tries to follow him, but Gildarts stops him and says he should give Natsu support.

Snow and Genie walked out as well. Snow stopped at Magnolia South Gate Park and sat under a tree

"Acnologia...You've been alive...all this time?"

Outside of the guild...

"Five Dragon Slayers in this guild...It's just as you said, Porlyusica. Destiny is beginning to take shape." Master Makarov said.