Chapter 42: Lisanna

In Earthland, the sky opens and the Fairy Tail Mages formally trapped in Edolas fall out.

Natsu jumps up in excitement. "We're back!"

They look at Magnolia which is restored and back to its ordinary appearance. "Everything's back to normal!" Natsu exclaimed.

"The city of Magnolia, too!" Lucy added.

"Yippee!" Happy cheered.

"Wait." Erza said. "It's too early to rejoice. We need to make sure everyone is safe, first."

"Everyone's fine!" A voice shouted.

They look up and see the Exceeds of Edolas flying in the air. "We got to Earthland a bit before you, see."

"We've already flown around a bunch!"

"The people in the guild and city are all safe!"

"It seems like none of them realized they were turned into a lacrima!"

"Earthland sure is amazing!"

"There's magic everywhere!"

The Exceeds surprise the group.

"What's going on? Why...Why are all the Exceeds in Earthland?" Carla asked. She points her finger at them. "This is no joke. They're dangerous! We should return them to Edolas."

"Come on, now..." Happy tries to calm her down.

"Extaila's gone, remember?" Wendy reminded her. "Forgive them, will you?"

"No." Carla simply answered rejecting the idea of forgiving them.

The Exceeds apologize and explain that they have no more home to return to.

"Who cares about that?! You sent me to Earthland with orders to eliminate the Dragon Slayers!" Carla argued, still unforgiving.

"That's right!" Lucky joins in.

The Elders of the Exceeds then proceed everything they have done for the past years.

Six years ago, Shagotte had a vision of the fall of Extalia which they thought was caused by humans. In order to evacate the children of the Exceeds, she ordered the gathering and dispersing of one hundred eggs to Earthland with an imaginary mission of the extermination of the Dragon Slayers.

"And of course, we had no particular grudge against the Dragon Slayers."

"We know! You needed a convincing story, right?" Wendy said.

"Plus, if you told the truth I'm sure everyone would panic." Lucy added.

"No kidding." Snow commented.

All had gone to plan except for Carla and her unexpected ability of predicting the future, the same one that Shagotte has. This ability activated within Carla and caused her visions to mix with her memories, creating for her a mission that never existed.

Shagotte claims to be the one at fault for everything, but the Exceeds state that they understand that she only looked out for them and that she wasn't at fault.

Shortly after, the Exceeds depart with hopes of finding those other children who were evacuated from Extalia six years ago.

"Forward-looking bunch, aren't they?" Natsu chuckled.

Happy and Lucky speak to each other pointing out how the Queen and Carla look alike.

"Well, I'm just glad that ended with everyone safe and sound." Natsu, shaking his fist like Nadi's, said.