Chapter 46: Grimoire Heart (Tenrou Arc)

In the sky, a black airship flies towards Tenrou Island: The airship of Grimoire Heart, a third of the Balam Alliance. Hades, the Master of Grimoire Heart, Ultear, Sean, Rustyrose, Caprico, Kain Hikaru, and Meredy converse about the myterious boy wandering on Tenrou Island, who turns out to be the Black Mage, Zeref, the person who plunged the world into chaos a long time ago. Their goal is to resurrect that person. When confronted by the problem of Fairy Tail's presence, Master Hades declares that they, the Devils, will destroy the Fairies on the island.

"The grave of Fairy Tail's founding master, Mavis..." Lucy and Cana have a discussion about the grave's location.

"Got anything?" Cana asked.

"It's no use...Searching for a grave without even a hint! I haven't gotten a clue." Lucy replied.

"That's the big problem, yeah..." Cana sighed. "Are there really no hints? I've participated in the exams 4 times in the past, so I've got a feeling...I don't think there's ever been an exam that was unreasonable." Lucy listens closely to what she has to say. "I'm sure there has to be a hint hidden somewhere."

"I see. So the second test is about brain power." Lucy said. She thinks very hard about the possible hints of where the grave might be. "Brain power, huh? Thinking of it that way, maybe the words themselves could hold a clue."

"The words?" Cana questioned.

"Yeah. Like for example...Grave! We think that it's got to be a place, right? But it could be interpreted as the 'final stop of life'." Lucy explained.

"That's so negative of you." Cana commented.

"Grave...Grave..." Lucy repeats the words as she figures out the meaning of it. Cana kicks away the lizard that has been approaching them. "A keyword? Maybe it's a sentence?"

Then Cana hears some grunting under their breaths nearby. "Did I just hear something? Maybe it's my imagination." She muttered.

Behind the bushes, the lizard shapely bites Snow's head as Yuki tries to shut him up by covering his mouth.

"'I'll make this place your grave', etc... 'Marriage is the grave of one's life'." Lucy says some random phases.

"God, you're negative." Cana sweat dropped. "There's got to be something more Lucy-like you can think of...Like 'even if people die, they become stars!" She mocked.

"Um...Is that the way people picture me? Well, it might not be that far off, i suppose." Lucy muttered. "Oh, i know..." She stands up. "That's it! I know where the grave is!"

"What?"

"Follow me!" Lucy leads Cana to where the grave might be.

"Ooh, impressive!"

Snow and Yuki emerge from the bushes. Snow has a dead lizard in his hands with a bandaid on the place where the lizard bit him.

"As expected from Lucy..." Yuki commented.

"She's a lucky one." Snow added.

"Hurry up! I bet Levy-chan will have solved this by now!" Lucy said.

"Just as you guessed, Snow."

"Sorry Lucy, but I think this second test is designed to test Brain power and 'how much you want it'." Snow exclaimed. "Let's go follow them!"

"Okay!" Snow and Yuki chase after them.

Elsewhere on the island, Gajeel and Levy have a small disagreement which causes Levy to hit Gajeel with her bag and run away. As Levy runs away she approaches two Mages, Kawazu and Yomazu, from Grimoire Heart and declare that they have come to hunt Fairies. After a very hard battle, Gajeel defeats Kawazu and Yomazu.