Chapter 1

Rommel woke up from that strange voice. In a flash he saw a flaming cat, but after he blinked it was gone. "W-what? Who are you? Where are you?" he growled, scared. What kind of strange cat was that? A firecat? Those don't exist, right?"  He shook his head. 'It was probably jus a dream...' He jumped off his pillow and walked to the window. His housefolk were sleeping upstairs. He looked outside, and could just see a bit of a twoleg-playground nearby. The other cats that live in the street were having a party there, but Rommel wanted to stay with his housefolk. He loved them, they loved him. But they are asleep now anyways...

"Go, Rommel..."

That voice again!  "Firecat? But where do I need to go?" 

Silent 

He looked out of the window again, and decided to go outside. "My friend Karel must know what to do, he always does!"

So Rommel went through the cat door and trotted through the street, on his way to the playground. When he arrived, he saw all the neighbor cats, but he was looking for Karel. Then he finally spotted the black-and-white tom. "Hi Karel!"

Karel looked around when he heard his friend. "Rommel? You came? I thought you were staying home!"

"I was... But then I had a dream."

"A... dream?"

"Yes, there was a Firecat, and he told me to.. go.. somewhere. Do you have any idea what it means?"

But when Rommel looked up, Karel was looking at him as if he just grew a tree from his back. "You're asking me advice... about a dream.. of a .. Firecat?" Then he started laughing. "Don't take everything so seriously, dreams are dreams and they mean nothing. Just go party." he said before walking away.

But Rommel wasn't content with that answer. 'I know its different... This dream did mean something. I'll just go by myself.'

He wondered which way to go, and looked at the sky. With shock he realized he saw the firecat's silhouette in the stars! 'Lead me, Firecat, and I will follow you.'  He saw that the Firecat's tail was pointing somewhere. 'That's the way!'

Firespot walked through the streets, following the stars. He walked and walked, until he arrived at a high wooden fence. He looked around, but there was no way to get past that fence, exept for over it. 'Is this really where i must go?'

No answer

So he decided to trust his instinct and leaped for the top of the fence. He dug his claws in the wood, and sat down on top. Then he saw what was on the other side of the fence. A dark, silent forest. He looked up the sky, but the firecat had disappeared. 

"Fire....."

This is it... Rommel thought. Now I have to choose: go back to my housefolk, or explore the forest, and maybe my destiny?

He decided to trust the Firecat and leaped down the fence,

Into the forest...