Chapter 3

Rommel was shocked. "Y-you're asking me to join Fireclan?"

"Yes, I believe that your destiny lays with us."

"Rommel thought. Can I just leave everything behing and trust these strange cats? However... what am I leaving behind? Its not like any of my friends have ever supporter me. And mom always said that the clan cats were amazing...'  He made a decision. "I trust you, I will come to your camp with you."

Rommel followed Snowstar through the forest. "Fireclan's camp lays in the valley, surrounded by a few trees, its the edge of the forest. If you go through those bushes you will enter the camp, can you smell it yet?"

Rommel tasted the air. "I smell something... It's... lots of.. cats!"

Snowstar smiled. "Well, I suppose it will take a while for you, but there will be a day that you can recognize each cat by scent."

Rommel smelled the air again. The scent was getting much stronger, so this must be the camp entrance! Rommel followed Snowstar through the bushes. When they entered the hollow, Rommel looked at it with awe. Wow... it's so peaceful here! Everyone seems happy.

The silver she-cat jumped on top of a tree log with grace, and started speaking to her clan. "Every cat old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath Burnt Log! I have brought a new cat for us to train. He is alread at the age of a warrior, but because of his pack of training, we will need to start from the beginning." She nodded at Rommel. "Welcome Rommel!"

The cats were shocked and mumbled to each other. "Did you see him?" "He smell like twolegs!" "He must be a kittypet!" "Why did Snowstar bring a kittypet!" "I know right, kittypets can't become warriors." Then, a light tabby stepped forward. "Snowstar! Why did you accept this strange kittypet in our noble clan? He is no warrior!"

Rommel stepped behind Snowstar, who growled at the tabby. "Enough, Sandstripe! This cat might live with twolegs, Starclan chose him!"

Sandstripe growled back. "Why would Starclan choose a week kittypet? We're not that desperate!"

Snowstar was clearly finding it hard to stay calm, but she managed. "This kittypet is special. I can see he has warrior blood running through his veins, now, please let me continue."

Rommel was surprised when he heard that. 'I have warrior blood?"  he thought.

Snowstar sat down again. "Now that's settled, it's time for his apprentice ceremony. From this day forward, this cat wi-"

"SNOWSTAR! The moonhigh patrol has been attacked!!" 

A large, long-haired tabby ran into the camp. "Eight Waveclan-warriors crossend the river and surprised us!"

Snowstar jumped up and ran shocked towards the tom. "Tigerstripe, where are they now? And where are Stripefur, Blacksnout and Pantherpaw?!" 

Tigerstripe let out a deep sigh. "They all fought like Lionclan-warriors, but we all had to fight two warriors each. They had no chance..."

Snowstar was shocked again. "You mean..."

"I'm sorry, Snowstar. I couldn't save them. I had to run for my own life."

Snowstar growled. "Waveclan broke the warrior code. They didnt need to kill them to win! It's not fair..."

Rommel watched the happening from behind the crowd. He looked at the large tom. "Who is Tigerstripe?" he asked Nightpaw, who was sitting next to him. 

"The cat in front of you, smart-ass!" she snapped.

Rommel growled with frustration. "No.. I meant if he's the deputy or something..."

Nightpaw shook her head. "No, that would be Goldenpelt, Tigerstripe and Sandstripe's father, Leafsun's mate and Snowstar's brother. Tigerstripe is an amazing warrior though, I wish I had him as my mentor instead of that grumpy old Patchtail.." she growled. 

Rommel looked back at Tigerstripe. I think he's scary... he thought. 

Then Snowstar looked up again. "I have a plan. We will leave with a patrol to the Icy River, if the Waveclan-warriors are still there, we'll fight. I will bring... Goldenpelt, Sandstripe, Tigerstripe Iceclaw and Patchtail as warriors, and the apprentices will be Clawpaw, Nightpaw and...

Rommel."