Chapter 11

Firepaw watched Tigerstripe disappear into the forbidden territory, before turning back to Riverclaw. "You'll be a good leader, my friend. If you ever need anything from me, I owe you my life. You can always ask for help."

Riverclaw looked thankful in return. "Thank you, Firepaw. I know you will be the greatest warrior this forest has ever known, I wil never forget you." he said, before looking back at his clanmates. "But now I have to go back with my clan, we need to work this all out before we can go on. Goodbye, Firepaw."

"Bye, Riverclaw..."

Firepaw turned around and followed the other Fireclan cats back to the camp. Snowstar met his gaze and stopped to walk next to him. "Firepaw."

Firepaw looked up. "Yes, Snowstar?"

The silver she-cat nodded at the white flame on his head. "What is that? I have never seen that marking on you before, it's as if you only got it after I banished you..."

Firepaw hesitated. "Uhmm... Spark gave it to me."

"Spark?"

"Uh yeah... He's that Firecat I saw in my dreams earlier. I think he's from Starclan. When I got lost in the forbidden territory, he came to me. He told me about Tigerstripe's betrayal, and he gave me the power to return." Then he realized how weird that sounded. "You probably think I'm crazy..."

But Snowstar looked at him with interest. "Of course not, I believe you. You have a special connection with Starclan, I always knew you had something special."

Then Firepaw remembered something else. "Snowstar? Spark... he said I had ancestors from Fireclan. He told me to ask you about them. Do you know Flamefur?"

Snowstar stiffened when she heard his name. "Flamefur... yes, he was one of our warriors."

Firepaw didn't notice how tense his leader suddenly was and kept talking. "Spark told me he was my father. I can't remember much about him, but I remember a bit about my mom telling me what a brave warrior he was." He tried to remember more. "I had one brother, Dusty, and two sisters, Sparky and... another. I can't remember much about her, as she suddenly was gone after a few days. My mother never wanted to talk about it, so I think she died."

When he looked up, he saw tears in Snowstar's ice blue eyes. She smiled softly. "Flamefur was an amazing warrior, he would've made a good leader..." she sighed. "I knew he used to meet a kittypet for a while, but I thought he had left her in the past later. Now it appears you are his son!" Then she realized something else. "Wait.., Firepaw... Flamefur, he had a mate in the clan too. Her name was Brightspots, they had one kit together." she told him, before asking: "Do you want to meet your half sister?"

Firepaw looked at his leader with surprise. "I have a half sister?"

"Yes, Flamefur and Brightspots we're officially mates, but I could always see Flamefur did never truly love her that way. I didn't realize he still loved that kittypet.." she walked through the camp entrance. "Come, I'll go get her.

Nervously, Firepaw followed Snowstar into the camp. 'A half sister? I didn't know my father had another kit... He probably did it just to show the clan he was still a loyal warrior, but still... it feels so weird...'

When Snowstar returned, Firepaw could see the black-and-white she-cat he had seen before. Snowstar stopped in front of him. "Firepaw, this is Blackstorm, she is Flamefur and Brightspots' kit." She then hesitated, before looking at Blackstorm. "Blackstorm... Firepaw is.. he is the kit of a kittypet... and... Flamefur..."

Blackstorm looked at Firepaw with surprise. "Firepaw?... You are... my brother?"

"Half brother..." Firepaw told her.

But when Blackstorm shook her head, he was even more surprised. "No..." she said, teardrops Of happiness appearing in her eyes. "No, you are my full brother, my littermate."

Snowstar looked even more surprised and confused. "Blackstorm, he is the kit of a kittypet, not Brightspots', like you are."

"I'm not Brightspots' kit." Blackstorm said confident.

"What?!" Snowstar and Firepaw were both shocked and confused. "What do you mean?" Snowstar asked her. "You're not Brightspots' kit? How did I not know of this???"

"I didn't know at first either... But when Flamefur had died, and Brightspots got really sick, she decided to tell me the truth..."