Chapter 12

When Flamefur was a young warrior, he met a kittypet named Simba. After a while of secret meeting, they fell in love. Brightspots knew this, because Flamefur admitted it to her when she caught him sneaking off with her. After a few moons, Brightspots noticed Flamefur and Simba didn't meet anymore, so she thought it was over. After a while, Brightspots asked Flamefur to be her mate. Flamefur accepted, but Brightspots noticed that deep inside his heart he didn't love her that way. But they lived as mates together anyways, shared prey, slept together, join each other on sunset walks... A few moons later, Flamefur went out on a patrol by himself. But then there was a blizzard, and when Flamefur returned, he had brought a black-and-white kit with him, that was me. He told Brightspots everything. About his meetings with Simba, her getting pregnant with his kits, and Flamefur picking me to join the clan. He begged Brightspots to take me in and raise me as her own kit, and to let the clan believe I was theirs. Brightspots agreed, to make Flamefur happy. The clan always thought I was Brightspots' kit, but I wasn't. Brightspots and Flamefur kept it a secret. But then Flamefur died in that fire, and Brightspots got whitecough. When she realized she wasn't going to make it, she decided to tell me the truth, so that the secret didn't die with her, and I would know who I really was...